Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coke, Nolan and Mitchell county hunters chime in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plenty of both need bleedin'. Nice porker you got there.

Comment

Way to go good job.

Comment

Congrats again Jack on the bow kill.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          We are kinda puzzled. Our feeder activity is ok at best even at night. Haven't seen anything in the way of new bucks on cameras. Lost several that have quit showing since right before the season. I put some handcorn out on a road i feed pretty consistantly when out there and placed a camera. Both the PM right before dark and the next morning for 2 hrs there were 12 doe and fawns on a 50yd stretch of handcorn. More activity than at any of our feeders(no bucks tho). Looks like the next trip will prob be spent in brush blinds on hand corn. Hopefully a really good cold front will drop in the next couple weeks and get them going. I have started seeing some single fawns and on pics the older bucks are starting to sniff does in the feeder pens.
          i've been seeing alot more deer since going to hand corn. may try some sweet feed this weekend. great little piggie congrats.

Comment

Was about 200#, major scars and looked like a tank. Wasn't fun to drag him out of the cedars.

Comment

Also my first hunt selfie attempt

Comment

Coke, Nolan and Mitchell county hunters chime in!

We are kinda puzzled. Our feeder activity is ok at best even at night. Haven't seen anything in the way of new bucks on cameras. Lost several that have quit showing since right before the season. I put some handcorn out on a road i feed pretty consistantly when out there and placed a camera. Both the PM right before dark and the next morning for 2 hrs there were 12 doe and fawns on a 50yd stretch of handcorn. More activity than at any of our feeders(no bucks tho). Looks like the next trip will prob be spent in brush blinds on hand corn. Hopefully a really good cold front will drop in the next couple weeks and get them going. I have started seeing some single fawns and on pics the older bucks are starting to sniff does in the feeder pens.

Don't be puzzled, it happens. The 3 main bucks we watched all last year (Fisher County to your north) were seen daily this year up till they were ready to shed, at that point all bucks disappeared from cameras for 3-4 weeks. They are all starting to show up again but not regular yet.

East Texas boys call it a "walk about" I think it is the disturbance of pattern when the bachelor groups bust up.

Comment

We always loose deer after they shed but we usually see more new deer around same time as they move around. Usually get another new group about mid October. So far nothing.

Comment

Over in blackwell been pretty slow as well. Had a nice 8 and a nice 10 coming in daily even during the day very often before the season and really have not seen them much since and no new bucks either only these suckers. Busted a couple of doe out of there and we got them same blind same time a "1,2,3 shoot" kind of deal pretty fun honestly

Comment

congrats on the swine

Comment

We hunted 6 miles north of Bronte for 18 years. I sure miss that place.

Comment

Here is the only thing besides the snakes that bled on our place this weekend.
                          Congrats on the piggy.

Weather is shaping up for a change and maybe it will get the deer moving better soon.

Comment

We always loose deer after they shed but we usually see more new deer around same time as they move around. Usually get another new group about mid October. So far nothing.
                            I think the rain and all the green is keeping them off the feeders. I saw much more activity hunting water with hand corn last week than at the feeders.

Comment

I have water in my feed pens since there isn't any ground wtaer for 1000 yards at least at both feeders. I did put out hand corn on some roads and got some pics of large groups of doe. That's prob gonna be where I hunt unless something changes soon on feeders.

Comment

I'm in. We hunt on Oak Creek just outside of Blackwell. Will be out there the week of Thanksgiving

Comment

Working...
                                X