• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was sure full of pissandvinegar .
    He had some dark hocks for his age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For a moment, I thought he was going to take another trip around the tree.
      He should be a good one in another 2 or three years.

Comment

KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Following. Those pics are some great looking deer. Good to know I have a solid TBH neighbor now too

Comment

Still nothing but a few Random deer on camera. Acorns on the ground. Hunted 3 evening hunts without seeing anything. Too tired for morning hunts.

Had a great weekend with the family. Temps were finally cold enough to build a fire sat and sun nights.

Took my dog in the deer stand for a rifle Hunter. She wasn't real happy about the setup and kept jumping up and scratching the windows.

Nice nighttime shot from our future Pond area back up to the camp

Hey...someone drank all the peach vodka.

Semper Fidelis
          Nemo me impune lacessit
          Luminarium ex obscurum

Comment

Hunted this morning with my wife and son but saw nothing. Headed out now and again in the morning. Hopeing that big one you saw has a ten mile range and walks by! Haa

Headed to the Mexican restaurant in Buffalo. Should be another nice evening

Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 11-21-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Chew, you should build that pup a stool so she can watch the feeder for ya. And I promise it wasn't me that drank the DE vodka.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                Hunted this morning with my wife and son but saw nothing. Headed out now and again in the morning. Hopeing that big one you saw has a ten mile range and walks by! Haa

Headed to the Mexican restaurant in Buffalo. Should be another nice evening

Looks like a nice time with the kids! Nice rifle too.
                Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Chew, you should build that pup a stool so she can watch the feeder for ya. And I promise it wasn't me that drank the DE vodka.
                She would just bark and try to tear through the walls to get to em. Dishes a deer chasing sucker.

Comment

Lookin good bobby. It was nice fire weather Saturday night. We burned quite a bit and have a whasky bottle that looked similar

Comment

Well...as some of y'all may have read in another thread, our living quarters (RV) got flooded when the pipes broke and sprayed water inside for over a week. Insurance totaled it and we started looking for something else to live in. We have a small cabin up there but no bathroom, shower, etc. I can rough it but the wife and daughter haven't been back up there since.

So we decided to get a portable building and turn it into a tiny house (overused term these days). We took some measurements and decided a 12x20 would fit the bill. We went and found one and took some measurements and found out that a 12x22 would be perfect. Unfortunately most manufacturers have a 12x20 or 12x24. 24' is a little too long for the spot I wanted to put it in and still be under the awning for protection.

So StanR found a dude that builds custom buildings on site. We are both former Marines and we hit it off well. He will be out wed/thurs to build a custom building right where we want it. Should take 2 days.

THen it's on to electric, plumbing, insulation, and all that fun stuff. Here's my 3rd grade sketch of how we want it to look:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Building Rough Sketch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	24485518

Comment

guna be sweet...let me know if you need help. when you hook up the water, add a shut off valve outside, then a hose bib above it, then feed the shack. You can now turn the water off, and drain the line

Comment

Thanks Bruce!

Comment

Lookin Good Chew!!! That building will be better than the RV.

Comment

That's gonna be nice Chew! Glad to hear everything came out good on the insurance
                            You are gonna like having the cabin.

Comment

That should work!

Wish I had that skill level in the 3rd grade.

Comment

this will be turned 90 deg. from the way the RV was? And I would add a window to the back wall

Comment

Working...
                                X