No announcement yet.

2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone at LBJ gets a deer I’m currently training a lacy for blood tracking. Not asking for money just need the training. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
      What brand ammo do you suggest for this gun?

I’ve ran hornady sst in mine and shoots well. Tried other federal and no issue just got a smoking deal on bulk sst so sticking with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Need to get out here.

Comment

Anyone know of a list of the most recent burns out here? I’ve searched but unable to find what I’m looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
            Anyone know of a list of the most recent burns out here? I’ve searched but unable to find what I’m looking for.

Here's a link to the proposed prescribed burns for 2020. You'll need to copy and paste it in.

file:///C:/Users/dwwel/Downloads/FY20ProposedRxBurnsLBJ%20(3).PDF

Comment

Question for the locals or those who hunt LBJ often, Does the hunter activity die down this late in the season? I haven't been out there the past few weeks (problems of having a wife and kids lol). I've filled a doe tag, but i'm holding out for the big one to walk by.
              Last edited by Boldent2012; 12-05-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boldent2012 View Post
                Question for the locals or those who hunt LBJ often, Does the hunter activity die down this late in the season? I haven't been out there the past few weeks (problems of having a wife and kids lol). I've filled a doe tag, but i'm holding out for the big one to walk by.

Go during the week, it’s a ghost town from Monday thru Thursday, weekend is always packed no matter time of year, dies down a little after thanksgiving but weekend is always loaded

Comment

Out for the evening sit with my daughter, her first time on LBJ.

Comment

@ghostgoblin22

Gotcha. I have only gone out there on Monday-Wednesday so I think i'm still good. I have a few weekends off coming up and wasent sure if its still packed this late. Thanks for the info.
                    Last edited by Boldent2012; 12-07-2019, 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                      Out for the evening sit with my daughter, her first time on LBJ.

Good luck!

Comment

I Was blessed to harvest another truly nice buck from the Lbj grasslands , awesome day in the woods ,I'm a non computer guy , but I wish I knew how to share my story with yall , I think I put a photo in , be safe and blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Blessed to hunt View Post
                          I Was blessed to harvest another truly nice buck from the Lbj grasslands , awesome day in the woods ,I'm a non computer guy , but I wish I knew how to share my story with yall , I think I put a photo in , be safe and blessed

Pic didn’t work! But congrats either way!!

Comment

Congrats on the deer!

Comment

PM sent if you want me to upload for you.

Comment

A few days before Thanksgiving, I moved some cams around to different areas I've not been on this piece, in hopes of learning it a little better for next season. This one spot's got timber along a creek bed. I walked just inside of it and found a long scrape and rub line. One spot was definitely a primary scrape area as there were 3-4 in close proximity. So I put a cam up and got some nice ones coming through. The buck in daylight I've been getting since July. Another buck I had 1 picture of last year. If you zoom in on my computer, you can see the right brow curls straight in; very distinct and unique. It's cool to follow these critters year to year.

From Nov 27th - Dec 7th, all of these bucks were checking these scrapes daily. There were even picks up bucks trailing does and sparing other bucks. I'm not sure what the activity is like now but you could hope these mature bucks would still be searching for the late estrus does.

I'm not sure if I'm going to try and get my dad on one of these or head up to Pat Mayes. Good luck to yall still after it! Hunt hard!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X