Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were your kids when you first took them hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started taking my boy when he was 3, snacks, color books, pallet on the floor of stand. He started busting turkeys when he was 6, deer the next year at 7.

Comment

Started taking my son and Daughter Dove hunting at 3. Deer hunting for my son at around 8 years old. This weekend will be my daughters first deer hunt at 10 years old. I don't know who is more excited, me or Her.

Comment

My daughter started going with me when she was pretty young. I would go to a ground blind when she wanted to go. Had some blankets so she could lay down & take a nap if she wanted. When she got a little older I would set up a ladder close by to my stand that she could sit in & be comfortable. When she got old enough to hunt it was game on.

Comment

First kill with the now 13yr old was at the age of 5. He shot a pig with a 223. Then a doe the same year. I took my youngest 3 hunting for the first time a couple weeks ago. We lasted about an 1hr and then time to go "build fire".

Comment

He came to hunting camp in Lincoln County NM at age three. “Helped” skin my buck that year. He started climbing into a blind with me in Texas at age 4. Shot a spike when he was 9 for his first. Has been an avid hunter since. He’s going for his first deer with a bow this season, he’s 13.

Comment

10 months... it was that or not hunt because I had no one to watch him.

Comment

My son was 3. He would bow hunt with me in a quad pod bow stand and call shots on the pig he wanted me to shoot.
                He shot his first javelina at 5, spike at 7 and 140” 11pt at ten.

Comment

This year. Daughter is 4 and son is 3. It was awesome!

Comment

Comment

both my boys first went hunting when they were 5. Both shot a deer with the crossbow on their first trips. Been going ever since.

Comment

My eldest went on almost every hunt I did from 3 years old on. He had the uncanny ability to sit still at the base of a tree for hours in the hopes of seeing something. My other kids... not so patient. They still went with me, but I definitely had some "hunts" turn into just a good time in the woods. All 100% worth it.

Comment

As long as you have snacks and a movie downloaded on the ipad about any age will work. Think mine started sitting with me at 4, and shooting at 5.

Comment

Mine were about three, no videos back then. Had a built in bench and sleeping bag for the boys and it worked great. Lots of snacks. They both grew to love hunting!

Comment

My son started hunting with me at 5, he just watched for the first couple years. He shot his first deer last Saturday, he is 8 now.

My step-daughter was 10 when her mom and I got together. She hunted with me for a couple years and finally killed her first deer at 14. She ended up getting drawn for 4 TPWD Public Hunts last year and killed 5 deer. She also took a blackbuck doe on a hunt at a friends place. She killed a buck and doe last Saturday in her first hunt by herself, she will turn 16 tomorrow.

Comment

Mine has been in the blind with me since he was 3. He killed his first doe around 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X