Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of y’all have dogs that are talkers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSki View Post
    We have a mini Aussie that also opens the back door, but haven't been able to get him to shut it...any tips?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I just got him to stand up with his paws on it a few times and told him to shut it. Everything he came in we would tell him again. Eventually he understood.

Comment

My lacy is the most vocal animal I've ever heard. She makes all kinds of moans and groans it's pretty funny. I was wondering if it was just her or a breed thing

Comment

Lol
        Except for blowing her head off when she had something treed in the yard, my old Walker Dog only talked and mumbled..... damm funny stuff

Comment

Really makes you wonder about communication with other species. Training is one thing, getting them to do things. But vocalizing and having that sound(s) mean something is really cool.

Comment

We have a recent pup / Vizsla (via TBH) that won't shut-up...does everything you say & worst is right when you get home. It's like he grinch'n at ya for being gone so long??

Stogie is turning out to be one of the most interesting characters I've ever seen in one of my dogs...the talking is simply this icing. Good Lord I hope this dog hunts or may go crazy!!

Comment

Me son's German shepherd says I love you.

Comment

My dog 'talks' when I'm on the phone with someone else. I don't know if she's jealous or what, but it cracks me and anyone I'm talking to up.

Comment

My chocolate lab is very vocal. She really gets going during staring contests.

Comment

we have a curr mutt that coo's at us when we get home and every time we let her back inside

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                      Not just barking at folks that come up the drive. We’ve got a bassador that vocalizes everything. From wanting to be fed, pet, let out of the gate. Literally everything. I can tell friend or foe by the way he barks. He will sit and stare at you with a low kinda grumble when he needs attention. He’s a vocal little SOB but not in a bad way. We’re working on him saying “I love you” and he’s starting to pick it up. He’s really speaking his own language. He’s an interesting pup.

-------------------------------
                      Violence never settles anything
                      -Genghis Kahn
                      All of the above. Mine will sit and stare at you when he needs, food, water, treats or to be petted. Low growl means food or treats, add intermittent yipping to that means water and a loud constant yip means play/pet. Ive had him 11 years so we got our dogman language down pact!

Comment

Trained a shorthair for a guy. The dog's name was actually "Talker" due to his non stop jibber-jabber about everything. The only time he'd shutup was while hunting. Heck of a bird dog!

Comment

We have a shiba inu.

He’s a talker. Makes all kinds of vocalizations. When he’s hungry, wants to play, excited to go on a walk, or ride in the car, he’s pretty funny.

At nearly 12, he still bounces around like a puppy.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My GSP is a talker..... talks when I get home, talks to me when he wants to play and really talks when about to be served dinner..... he is a clown

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYMuSvXZ3ow"]talking dog very funny - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Both my Standard Poodles talk like crazy. We also have a lot of Yotes around my place and they will start Howling and my dogs will start in and sound just like a yote its crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X