Tax return question - Is it fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    Not to sound like a total jerk, but losing one income would eliminate the need for day care and might even throw you in a tax bracket where your credit could change to a higher value.
    I wish I could lose an income. I would be homeless.

Comment

Just to add fuel to the fire!

Q: Does the IRS pay billions in tax refunds to workers who are in the U.S. illegally? A: Yes. The Treasury Department’s Inspector General determined that $4.2 billion was paid in 2010, up from less than $1 billion in 2005. Leading Democrats are resisting a bill that would stop future payments. FULL QUESTION Is this true? Subject: Indianapolis TV … Channel 13, WTHR – Tax Loophole for Illegals Contact your Congressperson and Senator and ASK THEM why this is being tolerated!

Comment

We use the EIC and every other deduction we can find, just to keep from having to pay more taxes than we already are. I'm not sure why they just can't go to federal sales tax, it seems to work pretty well in Texas. Then everytime I see a guy using welfare benifits who is wearing shoes that I couldn't afford or driving a car with rims and tires that cost more than I make in a month, at least I would know he paid some federal tax when he bought it. I know these programs benefit a lot of people who need help, but there are a lot of people who abuse them as well.

Comment

Oh another thing, there's thing that has been going on for a while. Someone would claim someone else's kids to try to get maximum refund then give it to kids mom. This also has been going on for a while now. I know its fraud but its been going on. This is reason why I don't associate myself with these Deaf people. They brag about it on FB!

Their time will be up then jig will be up for them.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            What if people on TBH intend to use this credit and buy a bow with it? And do you honestly think that if someone told you to check this box and double your return, you wouldn't do it?

The EIC is not a new thing. It has been around for a very long time. And people of all colors, race, ethnicity, religion and financial standing have been using and abusing it for years and years.

If you are not getting it maybe you need a better tax person.

And if getting a large tax return is such a bad thing, why is no one complaining about the television commercials where they vow to get you the largest return possible?
            I dont think people are mad that tax paying citizens are taking advantage of tax credits. Its the illegals are who claiming children who dont even live in this country on there taxes. that is not our job to support another country.

Comment

I coordinate civil construction jobs for a power company, I have 3-4 contract crews constantly, have for the most part had the same guys for more than ten years, they show me their tax returns, they think its funny, makes my blood boil, not one pays more than they get back by a longshot, on average around 3-4 K in the black! All but 2 receive the LS Card, all that have children, which is all but one, the kids receive free meals At school! They tell me they do all this using kids here, claimed kids in Mexico, claiming parents as dependents in Mexico, and falsely filling out paperwork for LS card, the one that is a citizen says the IRS will not pursue them because if they spend the money and time to do so, they will simply disappear into Mexico and come back with different number's. These are facts, I see it every year!

Comment

Smart money is betting you wouldn't be posting this if it was you getting double back.

FTR.. i got jacked up on taxes this year for being in a new tax bracket.. the workinghardanddoingbetterthanlastyear-tax smacked me big time.

Comment

And that's the dozen or so I know, multiply that by 20 million!

Comment

I guess my view point is this...

If you've paid in $5000 in withholding taxes, and you get back $10,000.... You essentially were just given $5000 of welfare, food stamps, whatever you want to call it that comes out of the other tax payers pockets. It's just another form of government aide.

Comment

Originally posted by hammackc View Post
                      I coordinate civil construction jobs for a power company, I have 3-4 contract crews constantly, have for the most part had the same guys for more than ten years, they show me their tax returns, they think its funny, makes my blood boil, not one pays more than they get back by a longshot, on average around 3-4 K in the black! All but 2 receive the LS Card, all that have children, which is all but one, the kids receive free meals At school! They tell me they do all this using kids here, claimed kids in Mexico, claiming parents as dependents in Mexico, and falsely filling out paperwork for LS card, the one that is a citizen says the IRS will not pursue them because if they spend the money and time to do so, they will simply disappear into Mexico and come back with different number's. These are facts, I see it every year!
                      How to Report Tax Fraud

Comment

The tax code is way to complex and it needs to be simpified. But there is to much money being made by the lawyers and tax firms so it will never change. Here is a intresting read.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          I work a full time job. My wife is a stay at home mom and takes care of our kids. According to tax calculators we should recieve double or more. It all has to do with EIC(earned income credit). If your married filing jointly and make less than 47k than you qualify. We struggle a little but we pay our bills and buy our food and gas. Draw no welfare and choose to live on a tight budget. Im looking forward to the return and believe we deserve it.

Guess im going to be hated after this post.
                          What about those of us that pay out the nose and receive nothing? Be careful with the word deserve it is the framework for our nations fiscal crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                            What about those of us that pay out the nose and receive nothing? Be careful with the word deserve it is the framework for our nations fiscal crisis.
                            All im saying is we dont receive welfare and i work full time and pay my dues. Child credit has been around a long time and so has EIC.

Comment

Originally posted by jcso139 View Post
                              I dont think people are mad that tax paying citizens are taking advantage of tax credits. Its the illegals are who claiming children who dont even live in this country on there taxes. that is not our job to support another country.
                              I think you are 100% wrong. People are looking for things to be mad about. And when joe blow brags about getting a huge tax return, then someone else is jealous about it because they aren't getting the same. So joe blow, who uses the local Jackson Hewitt tax folks in wal mart to find a way to double his return is a scum bag, even though it is 100% legal.

This has been going on for 30 plus years. And normal run of the mill white people use this credit all the time. Not just the impoverished or illegal, or those on the welfare rolls. Just a speck of research would show you how wrong your assumption of EIC recipients is.

46 YO white male, with 2 children still in public school, so luckily no day care needed. Rent a house and have 2 paid off vehicles over 10 years old. And you can bet your left foot, if I am allowed to use the EIC, I am going to. And I am neither an illegal immigrant, or a welfare recipient. And I a scum bag for using it legally?

Comment

I think we should get illegals who are already here, on the tax rolls immediately. Forget paying a fine, just get them on the tax rolls. Then we need to go to an across the board flat tax, same rate for everyone with no incentives. This woul alleviate tax refunds or the need for doing taxes each year. You pay the same everyone else pays. If you make $200,000 per year you pay the same rate as someone making $20,000 per year. The higher earner would pay more money because they make more, but the percentage remains the same.

Then, we spend some money to secure the borders, pass a law requiring Congress to not increase taxes but live within their means.

Welfare and Lonestar, etc. do not go away because there are some honest people who need it, but drug testing (random) would be required and people who can work would be required to seek work.

Unfortunately, both parties get so mired into their platform that rarely do they seek real middle ground from which to move forward. I wish we had congressional term limits, and after any re-election, an individual has to become an independant, free from party obligations, both for presidents and congress.

Todd

Comment

Working...
                                X