Need guidance- illegal or ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need guidance- illegal or ok?

I cooked a rack of spare ribs in the instant pot last night and finished them in the oven. NOT to make ribs for eating as ribs or to declare BBQ had been created. I then took the meat, which was basically steamed off the bone and chopped it. Put it in the fridge. This morning instead of sausage and eggs we did chopped “bbq” ribs and eggs with warm tortillas. Very tasty...but it still feels immoral to put ribs in anything but a smoker.

I know the difference, and I know what’s right and wrong. And I know it was just a simple experiment, but I do feel a bit Dallas-y after trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely Dallas-y but not quite Austin-y

You're good for now but I wouldn't tell anyone else about it.

Comment

Illegal. Sacrilege!

Comment

Sounds awesome!👍

Comment

Cook them and eat them any way you want. You're the one eating them. Shouldn't matter to anyone else.

Comment

Dang, that is a tough one.....Dallas-y for sure but if it tastes as good as I think it would taste, I guess your ok

Comment

You can do whatever you want, That's what I love about America.

Comment

Ribs in crock pot, beans in chili, ketchup on a hot dog, what does it matter what other people think. If think it's good then have at it. It does sound good to me.

Comment

I do them that way all the time. They lack the smokiness of bbq but they eat up well. There are two ways to change an oil pan gasket on a ford ranger. You can pull the engine replace the gasket and reinstall or you can loosen the pan remove the old gasket and, if your careful install the new one under the vehicle. Truck runs just the same either way. One way is 10 hours faster than the other. That's how I feel about ribs. The extra 10 hours aren't worth the difference in taste. Now, if I'm buying ribs I want them slow cooked cause that's what I'm paying for.

Comment

I’d never judge anyone for who they took home from the bar. I’m sure it was fun. But sometimes you shouldn’t tell anyone about it... this is a similar situation.

Comment

I cook ribs in the instant pot. ��

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                        I’d never judge anyone for who they took home from the bar. I’m sure it was fun. But sometimes you shouldn’t tell anyone about it... this is a similar situation.
                        Nailed it!

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                          I cooked a rack of spare ribs in the instant pot last night and finished them in the oven. NOT to make ribs for eating as ribs or to declare BBQ had been created. I then took the meat, which was basically steamed off the bone and chopped it. Put it in the fridge. This morning instead of sausage and eggs we did chopped “bbq” ribs and eggs with warm tortillas. Very tasty...but it still feels immoral to put ribs in anything but a smoker.

I know the difference, and I know what’s right and wrong. And I know it was just a simple experiment, but I do feel a bit Dallas-y after trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should stop by Team Fish Head at Bownanza. We ain't from Dally. And we deep-fry ribs. It's like being in heaven.

Comment

After reading a thread on here about ribs in the Instant Pot, I dug the wifes out and gave it a shot just out of curiosity. I got the same feeling putting those baby backs in there as I did when I once filet'd a 3 lb Black Bass. Just didnt feel right. 30 minutes later when I opened the pot, there it was. Grayish-white ribs. I carefully put them in a dish, slathered them in Head Country and broiled them in the oven for 5 minutes. At least that made them visibly tolerable. The taste? Meh....tasted like boiled ribs with bbq sauce on them. Very yankee-ish or Dallas-y.
                            Just because its fast dont make it ok. I felt like I needed a shower afterward.
                            I'm making up for it this morning by cooking up a pot of Ragin Blakes venison chili. All is better....
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20181021_105703.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	24558370

Comment

It's sounds messed up, but at the same time that breakfast sounds real good

Comment

Working...
                              X