FSC Week 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSC Week 19

Sorry for the wait guys! Ok, draw ya a 1 1/4" dot on a paper plate, piece a paper, etc. Sit flat on your butt, legs straight out, and shoot at 15 yds. Here's the kicker, you shoot 2 arrows, and IF your 2nd shot is closest to center, that is your score... BUT if your 1st arrow is closer to the center of the dot than your 2nd arrow, you add the second arrow to your first arrow for your score. All measurements to center of dot you drew on the paper. I shoot in funky positions from time to time, so thought it might be fun. Pictures to follow to help make it a little more clear... Hopefully! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

How do you keep your bottom limb off the ground? Crossbow cant?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's your position boys... I don't usually hunch like that, but, I put my phone on timer, ran over there, drew,... and the dang trampoline frame was in my way! Disclaimer: Not responsible for any fire ant bites that may happen in the shootin of this challenge...
      Attached Files

Comment

Aaand, here's my attempt. I left the door wide open for yall this time! As you can see, my 1st shot was the closest, so I had to add them both together. I know this may seem wrong since this is a FIRST SHOT challenge, but, it is, and it aint... Your 2nd shot should be "better" right? Cuz you're all warmed up! So, ya get penalized when it aint! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
        Attached Files

Comment

Yep, DRT, its time ta get your cant on! But, as you can see in my pic, you aint gotta cant near as far as what you may be thinkin. And my Sarrels Blueridge is a 62". Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Cool challenge, Rusty! Good shooting!

I can cant! Plus, I have a 52" recurve.

Comment

I've been working the cant but sitting it's more cant than I've tried this far. But I'll continue to spectate.

Comment

Thanks Ellis! Yeah, shootin your bow with an exaggerated cant, or even fully horizontal, ain't that difficult. But, by sittin flat on your tail, taking your legs completely out of the equation, does kinda mess with ya abit. A feller forgets how much you "use" your legs when ya shoot, even if you're just shootin off your knees. Ain't no judgers here DRT, let em fly! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                Last edited by spidermonkey; 05-07-2017, 08:48 PM. Reason: A little late

Comment

Good one. Can't wait till I get home this evening to give her a try. I shoot naturally with about 20 degrees of cant. But for arrow tuning I shoot straight up and down. I found I have to have my head at roughly the same angle of the bow. I think the number one reason people have a problem with different degrees of cant is keeping thier string hand consistent with angle of the string. You know if your not when your ring finger starts getting some wear. It torques the string and throws arrows left for me.

Comment

Good insight on the string angle vs finger angle. I will keep that in mind as I keep working on canting in my shooting. So far it seems to be working for me.

Comment

Well neither shot was great, but I almost broke a nock. The second one was a hair closer, so looks like 2 7/8".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice group there CRM!

Richard.

Comment

I tried shooting like that today. Bottom limb hit dirt and so did the arrow. Next 5 actually hit my target but it's a lil dangerous for my short self.

Comment

Good shooting Ryan!!!

Comment

Alright, who made the bonehead rules up on this challenge?!! I'm thinkin he shot hisself in the foot on that one! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Working...
                              X