McKinney Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKinney Texas

Please tell me all about it! We are thinking about moving to that area as I got a job in Plano recently. If yall know of any other areas we need to look, not too far away from Plano, please let me know! We are looking to purchase or rent a place that is about an acre or two in size and won't cost an arm and a leg, lol! Yalls help is appreciated!!

Acre or two and not an arm and a leg, better look to the north/east/northwest of McKinney.

Comment

McKinney, Allen, Frisco are all within reasonable distance with good schools and have really been built up. I would say Allen first, then McKinney, then Frisco. Good luck in your search and with your new job.

Comment

Melissa, Anna, Van Alstyne all pretty good schools if that matters

Comment

McKinney Meadows you can get a house and an acre for about $300k and its Melissa schools...best deal in Collin county!

Good luck!

Comment

Lived in mckinney my whole life!

Comment

What area of Plano? What time will you head into work and how long do you consider a good commute? If you go into work on off hours you have options 180 degrees north of Plano. If you go in at normal rush hour time you might start to narrow your areas based on where your job is going to be.

If the job is in East Plano off 75 McKinney makes a good option. If you're off the Tollway in West Plano it is still an option, but depending on what you're looking for there may be better options.

If you're in East Plano, Melissa and Anna are farther up 75 and you'll get more home for your money. If you're in Far East Plano (East of 75) Wylie, Murphy, and Lucas will be good places to look.

West Plano gets tough if you're looking for a house with land that isn't way up there. Little Elm has some options, but rush hour traffic will be a bear. Oak Point has some great local builders doing 1-5 acre homes, but commutes to Plano get longer. Prosper and Celina have direct access to the tollway and the tollway access roads with larger lots but land in Prosper is close to the price of gold.

Weston and far North McKinney/Collin County still have bigger tracts/lots as well. The farther north you go the closer you are to Hagerman too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                Acre or two and not an arm and a leg, better look to the north/east/northwest of McKinney.

Yep. Got to go a little north

Originally posted by OBU13DAD View Post
                Melissa, Anna, Van Alstyne all pretty good schools if that matters

Indeed !

Comment

Originally posted by acc05R1 View Post
                  McKinney, Allen, Frisco are all within reasonable distance with good schools and have really been built up. I would say Allen first, then McKinney, then Frisco. Good luck in your search and with your new job.
                  I look here first look for a short term lease until you learn the area. Any reasonable land is North or East. North is nice but traffic sucks in Mckinney for the next couple of year due to a major construction project. You will hate life if you have to drive 75 everyday until it's done.

Comment

75 has been under construction sense I was a teenager. I'm 52 now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
                      I look here first look for a short term lease until you learn the area. Any reasonable land is North or East. North is nice but traffic sucks in Mckinney for the next couple of year due to a major construction project. You will hate life if you have to drive 75 everyday until it's done.
                      Highway construction is never done in dfw! They seem to take just long enough to have to start over again. East and north east of Plano will give the better pricing options

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                        Highway construction is never done in dfw! They seem to take just long enough to have to start over again. East and north east of Plano will give the better pricing options
                        Very true but this is the worst I have seen 75 in 13 years.

Comment

I would take Graysons advice. I make the drive every day to Richardson from Bells and even with construction it is not that bad. You could look up hwy 78 towards the Blue Ridge area. I have an acre in a nice sub-division I will sell for the right price. Will let it go a lot less then Mckinney prices.

I would stay away from Anna and Melissa though. Nothing wrong with the towns but that dump smells horrible. I feel for the folks that had nice homes built there before it went in and have to deal with that stench. And it does reach all the way to Anna if the wind is right. Will turn your outdoor weekend bbq into a not pleasant experience.

Comment

Lived here my whole life, we have a rent house were renovating now that's on an acre in southeast McKinney. 2 bed/1 bath Ought to be ready by the end of may

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
                              What area of Plano? What time will you head into work and how long do you consider a good commute? If you go into work on off hours you have options 180 degrees north of Plano. If you go in at normal rush hour time you might start to narrow your areas based on where your job is going to be.

If the job is in East Plano off 75 McKinney makes a good option. If you're off the Tollway in West Plano it is still an option, but depending on what you're looking for there may be better options.

If you're in East Plano, Melissa and Anna are farther up 75 and you'll get more home for your money. If you're in Far East Plano (East of 75) Wylie, Murphy, and Lucas will be good places to look.

West Plano gets tough if you're looking for a house with land that isn't way up there. Little Elm has some options, but rush hour traffic will be a bear. Oak Point has some great local builders doing 1-5 acre homes, but commutes to Plano get longer. Prosper and Celina have direct access to the tollway and the tollway access roads with larger lots but land in Prosper is close to the price of gold.

Weston and far North McKinney/Collin County still have bigger tracts/lots as well. The farther north you go the closer you are to Hagerman too.
                              I will be working right off 75 on the east side, pretty much downtown Plano.

Comment

Working...
                              X