Is this a good deal on an air rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good deal on an air rifle

The good old powerline 880 bit the dust. Looking for a new air rifle.

Found this http://www.cabelas.com/product/GAMO-...L/2420467.uts?

Says 279 normally now less than 200. Anybody shot it? Or have good siggestion for sub $300 air gun

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gamo's stuff aint too bad

Comment

I have a little older, fixed stock model. I like it really well. Took a while to figure out what pellets it likes best but now I can smack a squirrel at 35 yards no problem. Rats and grackles don't have a chance.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

My son has one and likes it. We ran it and my Diana 34 through the chrono last weekend with the same pellets and the Gamo was averaged 30fps faster. The Diana is more accurate but he has no problems on birds and squirrels.

Comment

Also looking at Benjamin Trail NP2 Air Rifle... has wood stock...

Comment

The Benjamin trail NP is a better gun between the two. I was looking at an NP in .50 a while back but decided my 22 was working just find for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Benjamin usee to be superior air rifles. Still very good. The scope and mount on the Gamo isn't the best but mine gets knocked over in the corner and bounced around on the cart at the lease/ranch. I used Loctite on all the screws and even on the rail grips and haven't had any movement issues.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                Also looking at Benjamin Trail NP2 Air Rifle... has wood stock...
                Go with the NP2 in .22 cal.... it's a beast and a tac driver. I also own a Gamo bull whisper in .177 cal and its powerful but not nearly as accurate and as quite as the NP2.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                  Go with the NP2 in .22 cal.... it's a beast and a tac driver. I also own a Gamo bull whisper in .177 cal and its powerful but not nearly as accurate and as quite as the NP2.
                  Leaning this way for sure...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Also if you go to PryamidAir.com Benjamin has a new rifle that just came out. Supposedly it's an even quieter version of the NP2

Comment

CCI quiet they sound about the same. Heavier bullet with about the same speed.

Comment

Benjamin is the nicer air rifle. I have a Benjamin Titan NP in .22 and my brother has a Gamo, also in .22 caliber. His air rifle is not quite as powerful anymore for whatever reason. The pellet out of the Gamo won't even penetrate a plastic water bottle anymore. Not sure why but the Benjamin is still like new after years of operation. I would just upgrade the sights.

Comment

I would check with Gamo. They stand behind their products.

Comment

Benjamine Trail NP2 here in .22. Hard to beat for the price. Academy carries them for around $210, Mine came with a 3-9x32 mildot that is not the best. But it's ok for what it dose.

Comment

Hey Cat just an update on the NP2. I was curious as to the power of my gun as I have yet to shoot anything with it so I pulled out the big metal trash can I keep in the garage to see what a pellet would do to it. I figured it would go through but wasn't sure about much after that so I stuck some magazines behind the first side. The pellet blew threw the can and threw 3 magazines. The entry hole was massive for a .22 as I could almost put my pinky through it. No doubt this gun will blow through squirrels and I'm 100% positive a pig won't stand a chance either. Also I'm shooting nickel size groups at 30 yards with the Benjamin discovery pellets.

Comment

Working...
                              X