The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    Pulled out the Willett tonight and as mentioned it was great if you like a rye. Heavy rye spice up front and a nice mellow finish. Thank goodness for this thread

I have not had rye. How does it differ from Bourbon or Scotch?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
      I have not had rye. How does it differ from Bourbon or Scotch?
      It has a distinct flavor but much easier to get used to than Scotch IMO. I like the spice it gives and makes it different.

Comment

Not as fancy as many posted here, but that 46 I posted the other day was actually pretty good to my tastes. I like it better than Blanton's.

Comment

bphillips have you tried the 2018 release yet ? My son is picking me up a bottle. He did mention seeing the Cowboy Bourbon at Halls on 121, don't know which batch though. Pretty pricey to say the least.

Comment

I have yet to try willett but have heard good things. I was able to find a bottle of weller antique lastnight.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
              bphillips have you tried the 2018 release yet ? My son is picking me up a bottle. He did mention seeing the Cowboy Bourbon at Halls on 121, don't know which batch though. Pretty pricey to say the least.
              2018 release of which one?

It is expensive but it’s great especially if you like the full experience of a fine whiskey. The nose, palate, and finish are what they should be at the price

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                I’m gonna be sad when this one is done. It’s the 2015 and the 2017 has a different mash bill. Both were very highly rated and big with awards. I have high hopes though with the 2017 adding wheat from the previous 100% corn.

I have two bottles of the Garrison Small Batch and I don't like them at all. I got them as a gift when I went to distillery. I will take Blantons, Weller 12, Willett or Belle Meade any day. This was like 10 years ago.

Comment

For the weekend
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by charlesotto View Post
                    I have two bottles of the Garrison Small Batch and I don't like them at all. I got them as a gift when I went to distillery. I will take Blantons, Weller 12, Willett or Belle Meade any day. This was like 10 years ago.
                    I haven’t had the small batch. Blantons is good but it’s better for gifting than drinking at its price range now. Lots of good ones out there

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                      Not as fancy as many posted here, but that 46 I posted the other day was actually pretty good to my tastes. I like it better than Blanton's.
                      46 is no doubt a winner in its price range and even above.

As for rye. It definitely has its own taste. I hate it, I mean HATE it. I can drink some scotch... but never found one that was “the one” or worth 1/2 it’s price (to me).... but bourbon is/ has gotten out of hand for the most part as well. Eagle rare is a good drink for $28.... horrible for $47. Blantons was great @ $49... not so good @ $75.

Thankfully tequila isn’t “ the in drink”.... it’s all I got left

Comment

For the weekend
                        Nice choices!

Comment

For the weekend
                          I would be happy to drink any of the 3.

Comment

For the weekend

Short weekend?

Comment

2018 Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey is out now and it has a extra year of aging due to no bottles last year.
                              The Cowboy is $190 at Halls.

Comment

2018 Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey is out now and it has a extra year of aging due to no bottles last year.
                                The Cowboy is $190 at Halls.

Comment

Working...
                                X