No announcement yet.

Let's talk Chainsaws!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in the business. I own a tree service. The Stihl 261C will be your best bet. It’s a “pro” saw meaning it’s built better but costs more. Not too big not too small. DO NOT MAX OUT THE BAR LENGTH! You know what they say about a long bar ��. More weight and ergonomically harder to handle. Also you will increase the efficiency of your saw with a smaller bar (not blade Blades are for knifes). 18”-20” should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Owens View Post
      I’m in the business. I own a tree service. The Stihl 261C will be your best bet. It’s a “pro” saw meaning it’s built better but costs more. Not too big not too small. DO NOT MAX OUT THE BAR LENGTH! You know what they say about a long bar . More weight and ergonomically harder to handle. Also you will increase the efficiency of your saw with a smaller bar (not blade Blades are for knifes). 18”-20” should be fine.

Where are you located?
      I always have people asking me to recommend a tree service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stihl

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post

I'm no professional but my stihl eats some lumber!
          I have a 391 as well. It replaced my 250 when I moved back to east Texas. The 250 was ok for small jobs but any large trees that fell on a fence or needed cutting around my families place, the 250 just couldn't handle it as well as I'd like to. I had a 44 that I dug out of my grandmas chainsaw grave yard and it ran awesome after a little work. Sadly someone stole it. But I am really impressed with my 391, doesn't cut like the old 44, but I cut an big post oak down at my moms a few weeks ago and it had no issues.

Comment

Stihl hands down. I’ve used echo’s and had issues when starting them. But my stihl’s have always cranked right up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              Where are you located?
              I always have people asking me to recommend a tree service

Spring/ Tomball.

Comment

Did a lot of chainsaw research. Came down to Echo and Stihl. Got a Stihl. Still getting to know it-starting can be tricky. Cuts like crazy.

Comment

To me if you don't take the time to get the right gas mixture for the saw it don't matter witch one you buy after a few months of setting bad news aint gona run right been there
                  to many times. I now buy the premixed gas my saw is a stihl second one I have owned
                  always starts right up but nothing to do with the saw brand its the gas mixture.

Comment

Comment

Stihl.

Comment

Spring/ Tomball.
                        Theres a TBH'er that needs a Live Oak removed from his back yard up your way. I won a tree service too, but I'm down in Richmond / Sugar Land area. Send .e a text and I'll forward you his info if you're interested in giving him a estimate. 832 six 5 1 nine 686

Comment

I’m in the business. I own a tree service. The Stihl 261C will be your best bet. It’s a “pro” saw meaning it’s built better but costs more. Not too big not too small. DO NOT MAX OUT THE BAR LENGTH! You know what they say about a long bar ��. More weight and ergonomically harder to handle. Also you will increase the efficiency of your saw with a smaller bar (not blade Blades are for knifes). 18”-20” should be fine.
                          I have this same saw and am also in the business. Between my Power Primers and the ms261, these are used the most. The commercial "Pro" saw Stihls will last you many, many years.

Comment

Stihl or Echo.
                            Just get a new air filter and blade after a major job.
                            Makes all the difference in the world...

Comment

Let's talk Chainsaws!!

Here is what I used to clear 140x100ish area. Saw ran from full to empty everytime, that was the only time it got to cool off. 16” chain. Sucker ate wood. Biggest cut was about a 24” diameter white oak

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0765.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	24535183

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1077.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	24535184

Comment

Have both husky and stihl. Both are good saws. My 395 xpg is flat out mean. 8' mesquite slabs 24" wide are hard on any of them. Learn to tune them and proper fuel mixture and they will last a long time. Dont let the epa tell you what your mixture should be either.

Comment

Working...
                                X