No announcement yet.

Let's talk Chainsaws!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not a million dollar question...its been asked on here almost as much as is Whataburger better than "x fast food joint"..oh look a search button. that being said, years ago I would have said stihl but after several that lasted a year and bs from stihl we have been using husqy with no issues. also picked up a few smaller echos and no issues. this has been replicated by me, y dad and family up north that cuts a ton of wood
    Last edited by ckamp52; 03-29-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
      Is that the WMD model?
      WMD model?

Its a regular 391 and I run a 25'' skip chain and bar on it. most people will tell you what works for them but don't have pics to prove it. Like I said I'm no professional, don't do it as a side job, but my stihls have always and continue to work circles around other brands I've owned and have felled some big sticks.

Comment

Stihl

Comment

Well, this thread got me to thinking... My Echo CS-440 has not been started in over a year...

5th pull, runs like a champ!!

I'm a Echo fan.... I was cutting trees at my old lease while others were working on their Stihl and Husq....

Comment

I saw someone post this in another chainsaw thread and thought it was the perfect response.

"Just make sure it's orange and you're good"

I've been running the **** out of my echo for 3 years and it starts and runs easy every time. Prime the bulb 7 times, put it on full choke, pull twice, take it off choke and pull two more times. Would bet a bunch of money it's starting on that 4th pull if I pulled it off the shelf right now and it has been sitting for 3 months.

Comment

12 Echo 3305.
              After a big job say 1 weekend of mesquite, go buy a new air filter and a new chain. Don't mess around with sharpening blades or cleaning filters. Man, my Echo cuts like a champ - even the thick mesquite goes down like paper.

Spend the money for a new sprocket about once every two years as well.

New chain and filter = easy day!

Comment

I live on a couple acres so every once in a while I’ll need a saw to tackle a project. I had a Husqvarna that leaked and ended up selling it. I was ready to jump into a stihl but a few issues made me go back to Husqvarna.

First of all was cost. I ran down a 20” 50cc saw for $279 on Amazon. The comparable Stihl would be $400.
                2nd would be the kill switch/choke setup is very ackward on the stihl. Yes you can get used to it but the Husqvarna one lever design is so much more user friendly.
                Now the 455 and 460 series with the dual lever is a wash against the stihl button setup.
                3rd if you go with an easy start saw, the Husqvarna pull seems more natural than the stihl.
                Finally, chains and bars are cheaper on my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post
                  More so information for others. "Nightmare" just seemed a little dramatic.

Sorry you had a bad experience. My experience and opinion are that Husky's are great saws, and would recommend them in a heart beat to the OP. Multiple perspectives is always a good thing, right?
                  Yes more information should have been given. But, I consider it a nightmare as frustrated as they made me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ptlmg View Post
                    Stihl
                    stihl !! have two and one is 17 years old and has been worked HARD and it doesn't miss a lick only bought another one cause I found a great deal , also the CORN GAS doesn't bother it at all .

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                      WMD model?

Its a regular 391 and I run a 25'' skip chain and bar on it. most people will tell you what works for them but don't have pics to prove it. Like I said I'm no professional, don't do it as a side job, but my stihls have always and continue to work circles around other brands I've owned and have felled some big sticks.
                      Weapon of Mass Destruction

Comment

Dolmar is my favorite saw, but I'm not much of a mechanic and unfortunately parts/service are harder to come by.

Echo, Husq, Stihl-all a matter of personal preference. I've chosen Stihl simply because of the quality of dealer and service. There is a BIG difference in a lawnmower shop and a saw shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Echo or Stihl. I own a couple of Echo's in several sizes and prefer Echo. One is 25 years old and still cutting. They all perform well and you cant go wrong with either, spend the extra amount and get the largest size motor and bar to do the job, it will be a good investment down the road.

Comment

The best chainsaw is the one that starts when you need it! I have had my Stihl for 15 years. In that time, my uncle has bought several price chainsaws that quit or broke. By a Stihl from a dealer who will service it, and you won't regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                              Weapon of Mass Destruction
                              lol gotcha, they will get you knee deep in serious work before you know it!

Comment

Stihl!

Comment

Working...
                                X