Go Trump!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Why not just do what is RIGHT even if it doesn't paint you in the most favorable light?
    Ugh, see Comey firing

Come on man, if Trump did exactly what you state you want him here. You would be spinning it a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Yuuuuuge fail! Go back and read my post pre Trump. I'm no Trumpkin, but the constant bashing of Trump is childish and divisive. Gather the facts and make a decision, or STFU. There are even democrats jumping ship due to the hypocritical witch hunt.
      You may not have been a Trumpkin at first. But you made up for a late start.

I don't think he does everything wrong. I love the gorsuch pick. But I hate all the bumbling and half coherent tweets. Haven't heard you or any of the other loyal followers question any of this wacky behavior. I do. Sorry. I question both sides because most of them have their own interests ahead of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post

I don't think he does everything wrong. I love the gorsuch pick. But I hate all the bumbling and half coherent tweets. Haven't heard you or any of the other loyal followers question any of this wacky behavior. I do. Sorry. I question both sides because most of them have their own interests ahead of the country.
        If you hate his tweets then don't follow him on Twitter maybe?lol Pretty simple really. I think you are just digging for stuff to ***** about. No offense.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          If you hate his tweets then don't follow him on Twitter maybe?lol Pretty simple really. I think you are just digging for stuff to ***** about. No offense.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          None taken. You may be right. But he makes it where I don't have to dig very far. He leaves lots of surface finds

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Anyone want to place a wager that even if Trump paid for and built this wall we would still have these same guys on here bashing Trump?

Come on, it's a safe bet I promise
            I'll bet the ranch..

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
              What makes you think he's not serious about the wall? Because they didnt build a 2,000 mile long border wall in 100 days? They've been taking bids for the last 2 months for wall proposals. If the wall budget isn't approved in September I might get concerned, but pegging the border wall as some sort of failed policy after Trump has been in office for less than 5 months is a joke.
              Try as you might, to explain, some will never get it HH.
              The hate runs deep. Bone marrow deep.

Comment

Like I said, if you've ever read any of his books, you would realize that that is Trump 101. I'll be honest. Every time I read one of his books, I disliked him even more. Why? Because this man is the type that can fall into a barrel of **** and come out smelling like a rose. That, simply, has not been my life experience. Having said that, Trump believes he can make a significant positive difference in our country. I don't have a problem with that. Do you? If my estimation of Trump holds true, he may very well pull it off. Is that not a good thing?

The true tragedy in this whole thing is, people are vehemently trying to keep our current President from doing what he feels like he can truly pull off. He had absolutely NO REASON to put himself in this position other than to do for this country what he felt needed to be done. I personally don't care for him or his bumbling tweets, but I do think he wants to make this country better than it has been in decades. Why not let him try to turn Washington upside down? Isn't that what we all wanted?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  Like I said, if you've ever read any of his books, you would realize that that is Trump 101. I'll be honest. Every time I read one of his books, I disliked him even more. Why? Because this man is the type that can fall into a barrel of **** and come out smelling like a rose. That, simply, has not been my life experience. Having said that, Trump believes he can make a significant positive difference in our country. I don't have a problem with that. Do you? If my estimation of Trump holds true, he may very well pull it off. Is that not a good thing?

The true tragedy in this whole thing is, people are vehemently trying to keep our current President from doing what he feels like he can truly pull off. He had absolutely NO REASON to put himself in this position other than to do for this country what he felt needed to be done. I personally don't care for him or his bumbling tweets, but I do think he wants to make this country better than it has been in decades. Why not let him try to turn Washington upside down? Isn't that what we all wanted?
                  I guess it just comes down to you believe his motives are purely patriotic and I don't. I hope he proves me wrong and he is the most patriotic American ever. But to believe him because he had no reason to put himself in this position......because he is very rich, does not cut it for me. A very high percentage of state and national politicians and virtually every president has been a wealthy person. Why do Bill Gates, Donald Trump, and Warren Buffet get up and go to work every day? Is it because they love dressing up in a suit and tie and working all day? No, it is because they all want to be the richest and the most powerful person in the world. Most of us would probably hang up our suit after we made enough millions to buy a nice South TX ranch to retire on. Not these guys. They want more and more. Not saying that is a bad thing. But it doesn't make them more patriotic than you or me.

Hopefully he can find a way to implement the part of his agenda that is good for the American people. He is going to have to find a way to work with the folks in his own party or he will get nothing accomplished. I just don't know how he expects to treat people like he does.....then expect them to help him get his agenda accomplished. I know that is a lot of why people like him, but it may not work for getting things done in Washington.

Comment

I guess it just comes down to you believe his motives are purely patriotic and I don't. I hope he proves me wrong and he is the most patriotic American ever. But to believe him because he had no reason to put himself in this position......because he is very rich, does not cut it for me. A very high percentage of state and national politicians and virtually every president has been a wealthy person. Why do Bill Gates, Donald Trump, and Warren Buffet get up and go to work every day? Is it because they love dressing up in a suit and tie and working all day? No, it is because they all want to be the richest and the most powerful person in the world. Most of us would probably hang up our suit after we made enough millions to buy a nice South TX ranch to retire on. Not these guys. They want more and more. Not saying that is a bad thing. But it doesn't make them more patriotic than you or me.

Hopefully he can find a way to implement the part of his agenda that is good for the American people. He is going to have to find a way to work with the folks in his own party or he will get nothing accomplished. I just don't know how he expects to treat people like he does.....then expect them to help him get his agenda accomplished. I know that is a lot of why people like him, but it may not work for getting things done in Washington.
                    Fair enough.
                    As far as getting things done in Washington, that needs to change. That, and Hillary, is what got him elected.

Comment

Kind of hard for him to prove you wrong LWC when you and every single democrat do nothing to support him. You do the exact opposite and bash, hoping he gets nothing done.

And IMO the constant bashing of Trump by the media is because they're scared to death if Trump can get the ball rolling the American people will back him and they lose everything from politics to money in media.

Go Trump!

Comment

Why would you KNOWINGLY continue using a FAKE and LIEING method of calculating something?
                        Why not just do what is RIGHT even if it doesn't paint you in the most favorable light?
                        Simply explain that the way it was being calculated before was WRONG and DIRTY
                        but you decided to "drain the swamp" and start doing things the RIGHT way so the numbers aren't as attractive as they were before because you're not cooking the books like the folks did for 8 years straight (wait, did Obama use the same calculating method that GWB used for 8 years before him???)

Who can get us this info?
                        Anyone, what you are looking for is the U6 or the U5. The U3 is the number of workers that are actively seeking work (put an application in in the past 4 weeks. U5 is basically everyone and the U6 is basically everyone plus part timers who cant find full time jobs...here you go

This interactive chart compares three different measures of unemployment. U3 is the official unemployment rate. U5 includes discouraged workers and all other marginally attached workers. U6 adds on those workers who are part-time purely for economic reasons.

Comment

This is scary...

Interactive chart of historical data comparing the level of gross domestic product (GDP) with Federal Debt.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Kind of hard for him to prove you wrong LWC when you and every single democrat do nothing to support him. You do the exact opposite and bash, hoping he gets nothing done.

And IMO the constant bashing of Trump by the media is because they're scared to death if Trump can get the ball rolling the American people will back him and they lose everything from politics to money in media.

Go Trump!
                            I don't know. I didn't do anything to support Obama and he got plenty of his crap agenda accomplished....through a republican congress for most of his presidency.

Surely Trump can get some good things done with republican control of both the house and senate. If not, he will likely go down as one of the most incompetent presidents ever. I don't think any of us want that to happen. EO's are just bandaids and will be ripped off by the next pres. He better get to working with his party while they still have the power. Because the dems sure won't help him if they regain control.

Comment

Why would you KNOWINGLY continue using a FAKE and LIEING method of calculating something?
                              Simply explain that the way it was being calculated before was WRONG and DIRTY
                              but you decided to "drain the swamp" and start doing things the RIGHT way so the numbers aren't as attractive as they were before because you're not cooking the books like the folks did for 8 years straight (wait, did Obama use the same calculating method that GWB used for 8 years before him???)

Who can get us this info?
                              Implying the President controls the means and methods of the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Employment ratios have been inflated since their inception, it's because people who no longer look for work or have been out of the labor force for an extended period of time aren't included. I understand the rationale though, if someone doesnt have a job and isnt looking for one it's hard to classify them as a potential worker because they wouldn't work even if a job were available to them.

Comment

I don't know. I didn't do anything to support Obama and he got plenty of his crap agenda accomplished....through a republican congress for most of his presidency.

Surely Trump can get some good things done with republican control of both the house and senate. If not, he will likely go down as one of the most incompetent presidents ever. I don't think any of us want that to happen. EO's are just bandaids and will be ripped off by the next pres. He better get to working with his party while they still have the power. Because the dems sure won't help him if they regain control.
                                The man has not even been in office for 5 months and there has only been 1 budgetary review period since he's been in office - and he STILL has not had his entire cabinet approved because of dem obstructionism. It's hard to whip votes when you don't even have all of your personnel in office, and when holdovers of the previous administration are actively trying to undermine him.

The president isn't an emperor, and most of their time is essentially spent being a sales guy for their target legislation and shopping it around to congressional/senate leaders to gain support. If a president enters office and completely reshapes the country in 100 days I would contend that it would be a bad thing, our government is made to move slowly by design. Changing the law is hard, as it should be, and more than anything takes time.

Comment

Working...
                                X