• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the G5 montecs are where its at

Comment

Originally posted by wingsnwhitetail View Post
      the G5 montecs are where its at
      For years. Hell since the year they hit the market I have begged them to make a 4 blade Montec. I think its safe to say by now I can give up on that...

Comment

Where are you guys getting your slick tricks at? They are $28 most everywhere online for a 3 pack. I can get a 6 pack of Muzzy's at academy for $34 bucks and it also includes a practice head. I wouldnt mind trying the slick tricks out, but they are nearly double the price. Are they THAT much better than muzzys?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTCU View Post
          Muzzy 4 blade - 100gr.
          I have had great pass through, great blood trails. They have been around forever and are consistent in the field.
          I used my last mechanical this past weekend in oklahoma. With the mechanical I either had awesome blood trails or the animal didn't run very far. I had a pack of muzzy four blades that I started using. I made perfect shots on two spikes. One ran about 75 yards and the other about 50. The only draw back is I had no blood trail to follow. Are your four blades the 1" cut or are they bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbow View Post
            I like the slick trick standards myself, but most will work fine as long as you take the time to set them up and practice with them.

Jimbow
            What kind of blood trails do you get from your slick trick standards? I have a pack but hesitate to use them b/c the cut diameter seems a little small?

Comment

Originally posted by giterrell View Post
              Where are you guys getting your slick tricks at? They are $28 most everywhere online for a 3 pack. I can get a 6 pack of Muzzy's at academy for $34 bucks and it also includes a practice head. I wouldnt mind trying the slick tricks out, but they are nearly double the price. Are they THAT much better than muzzys?
              ARROWSMITH....

Comment

G5, Grizzly trick, and hartford 1-1/8" blades fly true for me. with a good tune + good arrow fletchings, anything should work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  ARROWSMITH....
                  gotcha. Still looks like $28 though. would rather order from him than one of the big stores.

Comment

Originally posted by brent.westbrook View Post
                    SilverFlame XL's two blade penetration and 1.5" diameter. Hard to beat so far, I might go with my single bevel abowyer though, have yet to see them in action. But if I shoot either of them through a compound its going to be at something big, lots bigger than white-tail.
                    X2 on the silverflames

I use the normal ones not the Xl but really like it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tkshu22 View Post
                      Guess I'll pick up some ST's and Muzzy to see what I like best.
                      I have been shooting 3 blade Muzzy for 5 years and I have yet to get a good blood trail from them.I would stay away from them.

Comment

Has anyone shot the HADES?

Comment

t shuttles,,100 grain

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                            Has anyone shot the HADES?
                            I have not. Love the design. If it were 4 blade I woulda been all over it.

Comment

I used to have a tone of different broadheads in my box slick trick, rage, muzzy, nap, and more...........I have either sold all of them or given away all but 1 and my box is now filled with Slick Tricks only I have a couple of the standard but do not use them really and I have a tone of the 100gr mags not that I need as many as I have but hey prob wont have to buy any for a very long time. And I have no intentions on buying or trying anything else!! They fly AWESOME, hit with my field points, and leave SLUG HOLES in anything!!

Comment

Originally posted by casilva43 View Post
                                What kind of blood trails do you get from your slick trick standards? I have a pack but hesitate to use them b/c the cut diameter seems a little small?
                                Use them! I used them for a couple years...including Africa. The standard are just as good as the other sizes

Comment

Working...
                                X