Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers up little dude!!! Stay strong!

Comment

Day 83 update. The morning started off on the right foot. Emmett's 02 was at 27%, so he was tolerating the rate of 4 really well! During rounds, the doctor boldly brought up bringing his rate down again to 3. The impeding eye exam axed that thought however, as she didn't realize it was so soon. She did say they would monitor it and see how he reacted to the exam. The eye exam gave us excellent results, as the injections were doing exactly as they should.

The cardiologist arrived at Emmett's room to discuss the results of the echo. Cardiology is far and away the most difficult to understand. With every new cardiologist that comes on we get something new to worry about. What one doctor will worry about the other won't even mention it. So the latest today from a new cardiologist is that he feels there could be a tissue build up near the aortic valve that could be imposing on that valve to make it seem smaller than it really is. One thing that seems consistent is the sense we get that heart surgery is a very likely outcome of all this. The good news is that the PDA was smaller in size, and the cardiologist was actually unable to hear it in his stethoscope.

As Krystal and I arrived back at the hospital this afternoon, the nurse was talking to us about Emmett as we were picking him up to hold him. Nonchalantly, she says "oh, and we moved his rate down to three." Krystal and I blurted out "what!?" at the same time. He was doing great on the rate, with his 02 at 31%. As we said good night to Emmett and left, he was already down to 27%. Rather abruptly, he's doing amazing on his respiratory needs now.

In other news, mom and dad may be spending their last night in the Ronald McDonald house. We were notified that as a long term occupant, we were required to leave for a week before being eligible to come back. We understand, and know there are parents out there with much more critical kids than us at the moment. We'll see how driving back and forth every day, coupled with being back at home feels, and decide from there if we want to submit another request to stay. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers. As you can see in the pics, Emmett was a happy baby tonight!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Last edited by solocam_aggie; 11-05-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Prayers Continuing!

Comment

Day 84 update. Little did we know as we awoke this morning that we would be in for a complete shock today. We had no idea there was a chance this could even happen.

We still haven't officially hit the 6lb mark. I think the weight a few days ago was taken with a full bowel! He's still close though. The doctor brought us a growth chart showing where Emmett is compared to his gestational age. He's right in the 50th percentile, which is pretty good considering how early he was born and what all he's gone through. I think I've mentioned before, but while in the womb he was always in the 90th percentile.

So what was this shocking news we received today (you know I had leave you all on the edge of your seat a little )? They lowered his rate down to two! We thought there was no way they would consider moving that fast. But that's only half of it. After tolerating the new rate perfectly, the doctor came back with a "how about we try him on his first bottle?" We couldn't believe what she was saying. This was something we figured was weeks away! If you would have told us at the start of this week that we would go from a rate of five all the way down to two, and bottle feed by Friday, we would never have believed it. With a mixture of excitement and anxiety, the nurse placed the nipple near Emmett's mouth. Little man quickly latched on, and went straight to town on it! It was a top 3 most heart warming sight to see him working that bottle so well. They decided to ease him into it with 6 ml to see how he did. He sucked down that 6 ml in record speed! Everyone was so impressed with how he did.

We're unbelievably proud of our Emmett. Not only has he shocked his parents, he's shocked his whole healthcare team. We went from baby steps to giant leaps. God is so good. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great news! Keep it up little man!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the bottle. Continued prayer for ya'll.

Comment

Prayers sent for all. Hang in there it's a long tough toad but the progress is awesome. God is great

Comment

Oh my goodness!! Praise our God in Heaven for this update!! Colton, you just made my day! Atta boy Emmett!! How exciting is this?!!

Thank You Jesus!! Lord we Lift Emmett up to You and we Praise You for this little boy! We thank You for this great work You are doing daily in him. Lord I lift up mom and dad to you as they continually serve You and care for their son. Thank you for the strength You gave Emmett to take his bottle and we ask that this become the norm right away. Lord we ask You to strengthen his lungs and heal his tiny heart. Give him the strong heart of a lion and the lungs of a powerful singer that he may Serve You! Thank You Jesus again and we give You all the honor and glory in this! Amen!

Comment

Amen.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Great news!!! Continued prayers

Comment

Emmett is progressing. That's is awesome

Comment

Awesome news! He is quiet a fighter! God has big plans for this little guy! Prayers continue for y'all.

Comment

yes! prayers continue

Comment

Fantastic news! Keeping the prayers coming...

Comment

Awesome news my heart is happy! God, we thank you for all you have done for Emmett, his family, and care team. We pray for continued healing and progress that only can come through you. Praying all this through our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Working...
                                X