No announcement yet.

Case Pocket Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like a tactical style knife check out the Case Southern grind.

Hoggslayer

Comment

What yall think about the mini trapper? Sheppard hill seems to have some good prices. Just dont know what you need those two blades for. Is that trapper blade capable of breaking, more than like a drop point?

Comment

Got a Trapper, Trapper Jr., and a little Sodbuster. All yellow handled, because a Case is supposed to have a yella' handle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry a mini copper lock everyday.

Comment

Another case fan here. Case full size copper lock seems to be my “go to” knife.

Comment

If you dont have to have a locking knife, the sodbuster jr is pretty nice. Fits in the pocket well.

Comment

I've been carrying a trapper for every day for 5 years now. I use one blade for regular use and then leave the 2nd blade nice and sharp. That 2nd blade has got me out of a bind when you realize you took your skinning knives home and didnt bring them back to the lease after you have a deer on the ground. Cleaned a couple of deer with my trapper

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of trappers and sod busters mentioned. Those must be the two most popular ones that have stood the test of time. Im just trying to pick one that might be considered "the last knife i ever buy" type deal. Ive always liked lock blades, but from what has been mentioned, lock blades dont seem that important.
                  On those trappers, do the two blades have a purpose? Which knife is light, carries in pocket well, for just general use when you might need it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    If you like a tactical style knife check out the Case Southern grind.

Hoggslayer
                    Southern Grind is owned by the Zach Brown Band. Shepard hills Cutlery carries them.

Comment

I have several trappers. They are solid knives. I just bought the Tribal lock and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                        Southern Grind is owned by the Zach Brown Band. Shepard hills Cutlery carries them.
                        Case and Southern Grind collaborated on a Trapper. I had misread the article and was under the impression that Case made all Southern Grinds.

Hoggslayer

Comment

They were pretty popular at one time. Maybe still. The one that I own was made in the 80s.

Comment

I have carried a trapper for 30+ years. I have cleaned every animal that I have killed or that has been killed in camp. The CV blade will stay sharp and is easy to resharpen. I carry 2 when elk hunting and can clean an elk with the 2 knives and not have to stop to resharpen. Like most have said the 2 blades give you options one for cleaning game and one to cut wire or whatever you need it for. The CV blades are easier to sharpen.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am a fan of their knives and now I want another one after reading all of these reviews. I've got a Case that I was given as a going away present from my very first job whenever I left for college. That was 14 years ago, and while it's not as shiny as it used to be (probably my fault) it's still holds a nice edge and is solid as a rock. Mine is the 2 blade Canoe.

Comment

Working...
                                X