reaction tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    I guess I don’t understand what you are trying to establish with this post. It is common knowledge that with a release fired compound bow, depending on cam systems, a higher paper tear indicates a weak arrow, and a low paper tear indicates a stiff arrow. Some cam systems are more forgiving of spine than others
    Rocky. This is not common knowledge at all. Most have no clue. And it’s about dynamic tuning.

But what you call common knowledge is only about 10% of the archery world. I help people all the time. And they all still think side tears are stiff weak.

But even if they don’t and they see things like this and see a high tear they want to move the rest or take cams out of sync. All they have done is make an incorrect arrow fly.

Again I have papers out there about dynamic reaction tuning. Nothing new for traditional shooters but it is for compound shooters.
    Last edited by enewman; 05-21-2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
      Rocky. This is not common knowledge at all. Most have no clue. And it’s about dynamic tuning.

But what you call common knowledge is only about 10% of the archery world. I help people all the time. And they all still think side tears are stiff weak.

But even if they don’t and they see things like this and see a high tear they want to move the rest or take cams out of sync. All they have done is make an incorrect arrow fly.

Again I have papers out there about dynamic reaction tuning. Nothing new for traditional shooters but it is for compound shooters.
      For those of us that have been tuning bows for many years, it is common knowledge.
      Tuning bows and arrows to shoot straight is not a complicated process. It’s not that hard to get a nock to follow a point. It’s not rocket science that papers have to be published to accomplish.

Comment

For those of us that have been tuning bows for many years, it is common knowledge.
        Tuning bows and arrows to shoot straight is not a complicated process. It’s not that hard to get a nock to follow a point. It’s not rocket science that papers have to be published to accomplish.
        I’m sorry you have a problem with papers. I’ve got several and several I haven’t finished. But yet I get contacted all the time about them and people reading and thinking me.

On your comment on it’s not that hard. If that was true then there would be zero reason to step in your bow shop. You are not needed other then to buy equipment. Even then there is no reason as it can be bought on the internet.

This section of Texas bow hunter would not be needed to help people.

You do realize the people that due need help you just called stupid.

Now the rocket science part. Well I don’t think so either. But I was contacted by a guy on my spine papers and told me I would get very little response on them. It was to much information. Haha. I thought it was an easy read to understand. But I was wrong and he was right. Funny thing I’ve been saying on posting on archery talk for 2 years about that subject and had my *** handed to me. Now that I posted it in writing and with pictures they don’t want to comment. Haha.

I like posting with you Rocky. But I’m betting you might want to stay if my posts. As they will be to help people and to explain how things work. I do apologize that they are below you.

Eric
        Last edited by enewman; 05-24-2018, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          I’m sorry you have a problem with papers. I’ve got several and several I haven’t finished. But yet I get contacted all the time about them and people reading and thinking me.

On your comment on it’s not that hard. If that was true then there would be zero reason to step in your bow shop. You are not needed other then to buy equipment. Even then there is no reason as it can be bought on the internet.

This section of Texas bow hunter would not be needed to help people.

You do realize the people that due need help you just called stupid.

Now the rocket science part. Well I don’t think so either. But I was contacted by a guy on my spine papers and told my I would get very little response on them. It was to much information. Haha. I thought it was an easy read to understand. But I was wrong and he was right. Funny thing I’ve been saying on posting on archery talk for 2 years about that subject and had my *** handed to me. Now that I posted it in writing and with pictures they don’t want to comment. Haha.

I like posting with you Rocky. But I’m betting you might want to stay if my posts. As they will be to help people and to explain how things work. I do apologize that they are below you.

Eric
          In no way am I berating you, not do I think readers on this forum are stupid or below me. My point is that posts like this , although correct, makes the tuning process sound so complicated. I actually tried to save a guy a trip from Odessa to my shop by trying my best to contact you and see if you could get his bow back in order. His strings had stretched so bad that I had to time, shoot,time,shoot, time and shoot again. 3 hours to get through all the twisting I had to do to get the strings to settle. Some of your post make it appear that it’s such. Complicated process that it goes over everybody’s head and that small shop owners like myself are not capable of tuning bows. I just want to keep this forum from turning onto one like AT, with one or two gurus telling everybody how things should be done. I’ll stay off your’s and others’s posts.

Comment

In no way am I berating you, not do I think readers on this forum are stupid or below me. My point is that posts like this , although correct, makes the tuning process sound so complicated. I actually tried to save a guy a trip from Odessa to my shop by trying my best to contact you and see if you could get his bow back in order. His strings had stretched so bad that I had to time, shoot,time,shoot, time and shoot again. 3 hours to get through all the twisting I had to do to get the strings to settle. Some of your post make it appear that it’s such. Complicated process that it goes over everybody’s head and that small shop owners like myself are not capable of tuning bows. I just want to keep this forum from turning onto one like AT, with one or two gurus telling everybody how things should be done. I’ll stay off your’s and others’s posts.
            Rocky. There is no where in any of my writings is it difficult to tune. It is for teaching so myself and others can understand what is happening. Is it to deep for some yes and it’s not deep enough for others.

No where have I EVER TO SOMEONE how things should be done. It’s all for teaching and showing and to help people to understand.

And I know I’m in the niche of things. Most of what I do is for efoc arrows and hunting only.

My spine papers are for people that want to learn to spine arrows and what to look for. This again is for the few. Most people will never touch a ram tester.

My cut and trim paper is to set an arrow dynamically.

Tip replacement method all though a tuning method is a method to see if the arrow is reacting correctly.

My power stroke paper is to show people what side tears means and how to fix.

Nock tuning paper is to show what and why. Most people that bare shaft tune and have problems don’t think or realize most of the time nock tuning is required

My introduction paper is about arrow weight. And I use the 12 penetration factors from ashby as an instruction guild to build a hunting arrow.

Rocky you may be right This May not be the sight for this type of teaching. I don’t know. Maybe it’s time for me to move on. I think I’ve been here for around 10 years now.

I do apologize if I have offended you in any way.

Eric

Comment

No reason to leave enewman, you are doing good work here. We get to express our opinions on public forums and sometimes that comes off as sideways or contrary.

I think Rocky is just trying to say it isn't as complicated as you make it out to be. I think what he is missing is that not everyone has his level of experience and understanding.

Further, there are archery geeks out there, and here on TBH, that don't want to just know the how, but also the why; and you do a fine job of explaining the why.

Keep it up, the silent majority are really enjoying your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                No reason to leave enewman, you are doing good work here. We get to express our opinions on public forums and sometimes that comes off as sideways or contrary.

I think Rocky is just trying to say it isn't as complicated as you make it out to be. I think what he is missing is that not everyone has his level of experience and understanding.

Further, there are archery geeks out there, and here on TBH, that don't want to just know the how, but also the why; and you do a fine job of explaining the why.

Keep it up, the silent majority are really enjoying your work.
                👍 Thsnks Rat, I expressed my point too harshly and apologize to Eric if I offended him.

Comment

👍 Thsnks Rat, I expressed my point too harshly and apologize to Eric if I offended him.
                  I’m good rocky.

Comment

It’s going to be okay guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just starting the EFOC journey and found it informative.

Comment

I think we should all meet in Brownwood and have a beer, fling some arrows and talk archery!

Comment

I think we should all meet in Brownwood and have a beer, fling some arrows and talk archery!
                          Hell yes

Comment

I’d be down.

-------------------------------
                            Violence never settles anything
                            -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Working...
                            X