No announcement yet.

Ever Pulled Your LTC Weapon???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to post. I've had my LTC/CCL for 15 plus years. I have only had to pull it out once. When I was visiting my folks in Miami, I was in a parking garage. As I was driving, there was a vehicle in the opposite lane with a turn signal on to pull into a parking spot (their left). A car behind the one pulling into the spot whipped around it and almost clipped my car. I honked to let the driver know that was a bad move. The driver stops next to my car (he was a young man) and starts to get out of his car in an agitated manner. I simply put my window down and pointed my 1911 at him and told him to "get back in his car". His girlfriend was pulling him back in his car as well. Again this was downtown Miami, and I did not want to find out if he was armed.

My friend who was in the front passenger seat, was like "woah is that thing loaded?" I answered "it doesn't do any good unloaded".

Comment

Haven't had to, thank God. I try to be situationally aware, and have been somewhat lucky, I reckon.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkhawk37 View Post
          I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to post. I've had my LTC/CCL for 15 plus years. I have only had to pull it out once. When I was visiting my folks in Miami, I was in a parking garage. As I was driving, there was a vehicle in the opposite lane with a turn signal on to pull into a parking spot (their left). A car behind the one pulling into the spot whipped around it and almost clipped my car. I honked to let the driver know that was a bad move. The driver stops next to my car (he was a young man) and starts to get out of his car in an agitated manner. I simply put my window down and pointed my 1911 at him and told him to "get back in his car". His girlfriend was pulling him back in his car as well. Again this was downtown Miami, and I did not want to find out if he was armed.

My friend who was in the front passenger seat, was like "woah is that thing loaded?" I answered "it doesn't do any good unloaded".
          Yay brandishing a firearm!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Yay brandishing a firearm!
            If he felt his life was being threatened, that’s not brandishing. Had the guy kept coming, he would’ve had to make a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
              No, she did not get her CHL in two weeks but she carried only in her vehicle at the time. I mounted it under the steering column. It took NO effort to get her to a CHL class after that!
              If mounted under the steering column, is it visible when the "public" might be looking in. If a policeman can see it with the window down, it could spell trouble. Supposed to be out of sight.

Not trying to be a smart-*ss. Just trying to help.

Comment

First rule of LTC CLUB.......

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                  If mounted under the steering column, is it visible when the "public" might be looking in. If a policeman can see it with the window down, it could spell trouble. Supposed to be out of sight.

See it’s funny you say that. I’ve been told by a state trooper that my trucks an extension of my home and any firearm inside of my cab is considered concealed whether it’s covered or on my dashboard. But I had a university police officer pull me over for speeding(which I was not and proved it to him that there was no way I could have been where he said I was) and he peaked in my back window and seen the handle of my .22 pistol sitting on the back seat under some shirts and told me I could go to jail for that. I told him what the trooper said. He didn’t agree with it but idk. I do my best to hide my firearms anyway but still. No different than a a gun in a gun rack in the back glass

Comment

I've had two instances in my life where I was gonna kill someone. Once inside a house,the other in front of a convenience store. The guys in front of the c-store heard me rack the slide on my pistol and left. I didn't have to point it at nobody.

I've had a few guns pointed at me and stuff like that. Actually a road hunter shot in my direction just two days ago. That's a different situation though.

I guess I'm different. I hope I do get a gun pulled on me someday so I can pull mine and there'll be one less crap head in the world. Either that or he'll kill me and get locked up. Either way he won't hurt nobody that just wants to go home to their family instead. But that's just my opinion.

I say "he"....I guess women can pull guns on people too. Heck I suppose even a transgender could. Not that I encounter those a lot....That I know of.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 04-19-2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Bragging??? I hope you are joking. The stories are very straight forward with no frills or death defying feats of heroism.

Mine was this: Road rage incident by another driver. I had my wife and kids in the truck. He was confused about a new intersection near Ikea in Round Rock. Many of you know this spot. Anyway, he began screaming profanity then, tried to run us off the road 3x and got in front of us at a traffic light. He jumped out with a baseball bat and charged my truck with it cocked and ready to swing. I drew and he didn't stop. Luckily, my open truck door was between us which gave him enough pause to realize he was mere inches away from a deadly situation. He lowered his bat and said, "you started it." I truly don't know if he was confused or deranged but it nearly ended badly.

Fast Forward two weeks...

My wife's story: Due to her schedule, she shops late. She was at Walmart about 11 PM and nearly alone in the parking lot except for one "nasty looking man" (as she described him) standing across the lot. She noticed him (situational awareness), loaded her groceries, closed the rear door and kept an eye on him. She said, she quickly got into her vehicle and locked the door. When she reached for her seat belt, the guy was at her door trying to open it and banging on the window. She drew, he threw up his hands and backed away. She called the cops and he ran.

Those were two sucky days.
                      Dang, glad your wife is OK.

Comment

Let's flip this coin. Can any of you imagine behaving in such a manner that would make someone so fear for their safety they draw a gun on you? For most of us, it never crosses our minds. We are in total control at all times. The stories listed here today give some insight as to the mental instability in, what appears to be, a growing number of people. Again, I hope none of you ever have to draw that weapon because it will change the way you view everything and everyone. Y'all be safe and stay aware.
                        Honestly now days it doesn't take much. Get into a fist fight now days and before you know it you have a gun pointed at you or a knife sticking out of you. It'd take a lot for me to shoot someone. If I can get by with biting someone's nose or ear off or something like that during a confrontation I'd rather do that instead. But I'm kind of old fashioned like that.

If there's not someone in my house and up to no good or literally trying to kill me I ain't pulling a gun on someone. It ain't worth it. I'd rather just fight and get whooped or beat someone like a grass fire and call it good.
                        Last edited by okrattler; 04-20-2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
                          If he felt his life was being threatened, that’s not brandishing. Had the guy kept coming, he would’ve had to make a decision.
                          Kept coming? Anyone who can't handle themselves in a cussing match over a simple traffic situation without a gun probably doesn't need to be carrying one.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
                            Does it matter if he had a weapon or not? He was running at me in a threatening manner. So I had every right to shoot him dead. I didn't. Even the video the police looked at said that they would have shot him and that I held great restraint.
                            Very impressive self-control. A person doesn't have to have a weapon in order for you to justify DF.

Comment

Luckily, have carried a long time and have never had to draw. on anyone... been real close, as when a road rage guy pulled up next to me on 175 in the Grove, and I just pulled the Sig from the holster, so he could see it... he slammed on the brakes and backed off.. the beauty of being able to carry, but at the same control yourself, and calmly react to the situation. is the best part.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                                See it’s funny you say that. I’ve been told by a state trooper that my trucks an extension of my home and any firearm inside of my cab is considered concealed whether it’s covered or on my dashboard. But I had a university police officer pull me over for speeding(which I was not and proved it to him that there was no way I could have been where he said I was) and he peaked in my back window and seen the handle of my .22 pistol sitting on the back seat under some shirts and told me I could go to jail for that. I told him what the trooper said. He didn’t agree with it but idk. I do my best to hide my firearms anyway but still. No different than a a gun in a gun rack in the back glass

He is correct, weapon must be concealed from public view in your vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X