No announcement yet.

Ever Pulled Your LTC Weapon???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a lot while on the streets but only once recently while off duty. Walmart parking lot in Brenham at the gas station. 0300 and I pulled into to get fuel. The pumps did not work as they were closed so there was no lights on. I just took a chance the pumps were on. Dirtbag rolls up and starts asking for money so he could go see his daughter in port arthur. The whole time he was flailing his hands. He was doing that to distract me (or so he thought) as he kept stepping closer. I put my back against the side of my excursion as I thought for sure I was going to be rushed by another and needed that peripheral vision clear. He made it to about 5 feet from me, I didn't get rushed. I pulled my off duty and told him "not today" in my polite street talk voice. He thought for a second and then just turned away to go to his car. I would have had about as much feeling for him as a bug smashed against my window.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      I think I heard about this. Small town in Southern Arizona, right?!?

You were there?

Comment

Had a guy following me to my truck from the door at Quick Trip in Denton. He kept hollering asking if I wanted to buy any CDs or Perfume. I just kept walking. I'm not a very big guy, so I guess he thought he had an easy target to intimidate. As I got in my truck and tried to shut the door he grabbed it and pulled it back open. He yelled, "Hey, I'm talkin to you!" in a pretty agitated and we'll just say "street" voice. Just as those words came out of his mouth he had the barrel of my Beretta to his nose. He started backing up real quick then.

Comment

Again, before there even was a CCL:

I was going back to college on a cold dark January night (1990) and saw a old mustang on the side of the RR12 with the flashers on!

As I slowed down to ask the guy if he needed help, I noticed he was wearing a duster!

Now understand: it was 1:30 AM and this was in the middle of nowhere!

He said that he needed someone to jump his car off so he could continue to Houston Texas (250 Miles) South East!

I turned my truck around facing his car and before I got out, I reached behind the seat and stuck my six gun in my back waist band ( The guy kind of game me the creeps)

What was strange, and kind of unnerving, was after jumping his car off, he turned the car around the drove the opposite way that he said he needed to go!

Kind of made a cold chill run up my spine!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
            Again, before there even was a CCL:

I was going back to college on a cold dark January night (1990) and saw a old mustang on the side of the RR12 with the flashers on!

As I slowed down to ask the guy if he needed help, I noticed he was wearing a duster!

Now understand: it was 1:30 AM and this was in the middle of nowhere!

He said that he needed someone to jump his car off so he could continue to Houston Texas (250 Miles) South East!

I turned my truck around facing his car and before I got out, I reached behind the seat and stuck my six gun in my back waist band ( The guy kind of game me the creeps)

What was strange, and kind of unnerving, was after jumping his car off, he turned the car around the drove the opposite way that he said he needed to go!

Kind of made a cold chill run up my spine!
            This sort of reminds me of that old Chris LeDoux song "The Passenger"! talk about creepy

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
              Few years ago headed down 820, I was passing an 18 wheeler and I seen something shoot out the side of the truck into my lane. I slammed on my brakes to avoid what ever it was. I guess there was a guy ridding my back bumper when this happened. He thought I had brake checked him. I continued on my way passed the 18 wheeler and this guy came flying up next to me flipping me off and started swerving at me. I had my wife and daughter in the truck. So trying to avoid conflict I decided to exit and let him get on his way. Well this guy exited also. I pulled into the gas station and I heard him sliding to a stop behind me. I told my wife as we were parking to call 911. He jumped out of his truck and was at a dead run right towards me when I pulled my pistol. He locked down his brakes and threw his hands up. I ordered him to the ground and he did just that. Police showed up and ordered me down and drop my gun. I set it in the bed of the truck and got down also. After all was said and done, that guy went to jail for possession of 2 different controlled substance and had 2 warrants in Denton county. I really thought I was about to shoot this guy. I hope I never have to but I'm prepared to do so if the need ever arises.
              This made me think it was a good ideal to make him get on the ground and call the police. If he was crazy enough to try and run you off the road, he may have went back to his car and if he had a weapon start shooting at you and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                I agree. There should be some conflict resolution methods taught.

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Nope never had to "pull it" but had several occasions where, after the fact, I was really glad I didn't have it on me because I probably would have when in fact it was not necessary. I think part of the mandatory classes should be how to handle situations and weird people without shooting them or threatening to. JMO

Somebody didn't pay attention in class. Conflict resolution is a mandatory part of the chl/ltc class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Somebody didn't pay attention in class. Conflict resolution is a mandatory part of the chl/ltc class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All instructors are not created equal

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                    You were there?

Nah....i'm too young.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarag View Post
                        Never. And, pet peeve of mine ... sorry, try calling it a pistol, firearm, handgun, etc. Anything but weapon. That term doesn't help our cause in the long run.
                        Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Gat? Piece? 9? Burner? Chopper?

Roscoe.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            I was coming out of a small store one afternoon and there were 3 guys standing on the side walk. They kind of looked me up and down. I could see the were armed and I knew things were about to get wild. They looked at me then looked at each other. Finally I had enough so l said " you gonna pull them guns or whistle Dixie" well that got it going they went for their guns I dropped my packages and let em have it. I got all 3 and my buddy came up and got one I didn't even see. That was a rough day.
                            I notice when you get to disliking someone they aint around long either.

Comment

I never really knew this but Ol Hickok ain't got nuthin on the TBH Death Squad. Y'all some bad hombres I tell ya what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                                She got her CHL in only two weeks???
                                My renewal took 2.5 weeks, came in todays mail.

Comment

Working...
                                X