X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one finally slipped up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

This was a first for me. The deer leg was pretty fresh. They joints were still loose and the meat was moist. No more deer for this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any tips on trapping in rocky ground where putting a leg hold trap would be just about impossible without the use of a jackhammer?

Comment

What is the consensus on the best type of snare on a yote hole?

We only set our snares on coyote holes going under our HF, and just tie the snare off the net wire. I need to order a few dozen, and there are a ton of options online.
          Last edited by walker1983; 01-08-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

We only set our snares on coyote holes going under our HF, and just tie the snare off the net wire. I need to order a few dozen, and there are a ton of options online.
            I've had to make more than one fence repair doing this, a poorly caught coyote will make a mess out of net wire fence. I use extensions and tangle stakes if no brush is close by.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

Look at Dakota line snares. Get them to make you some of their death blow snares man they are good. Then look at a video of setting snares using standouts ill see if I can find it if you do this they won't even tear the ground up if do e correctly

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                  Trapper Jake was great! that man may have been about 340 years old but his eyes were 6 years old.
                  I really enjoyed it to!

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                    This one finally slipped up

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                      Any tips on trapping in rocky ground where putting a leg hold trap would be just about impossible without the use of a jackhammer?
                      That's a tough job, if you have some lower country with dirt try to set there. In my experience they like to hunt the creeks and low land and live in the thick higher areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
                        That's a tough job, if you have some lower country with dirt try to set there. In my experience they like to hunt the creeks and low land and live in the thick higher areas.
                        Hoppy used to tell me about a old trapper that trapped out of rocksprings or close an he used to chisel a set in the rock to set a newhouse lol now that's dedication hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                          Hoppy used to tell me about a old trapper that trapped out of rocksprings or close an he used to chisel a set in the rock to set a newhouse lol now that's dedication hahah

That is dedication! I might of done that in my younger years. I think I will just find somewhere else to catch them now. Ha Ha

Comment

That is dedication! I might of done that in my younger years. I think I will just find somewhere else to catch them now. Ha Ha
                            Haha same here I ain't doing it but I'm getting spoiled in the sand

Comment

Caught a couple sheep eaters today.

Comment

Caught a couple sheep eaters today.

Good deal man

Comment

Working...