2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
    I wouldn't call being ranked in the bottom 1/3 of the league last year strongpoint for the Rangers...which made their 96 wins even more impressive
    Exactly, the Rangers bats made up for their lack of pitching. Unfortunately you cant build a team around just hitting. Pitching has to come first for continued success or at the very least find a balance. You look at most the Astros and Rangers best years. They had some incredible pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      I question pitching to pujoles at all... first was open... .why even chance it with that high a pitch count at all?
      He was having to answer a lot of questions about it. Given Pujoles past success against the Astros, I don't see how you put the game in his hands. The manager said they were trying to throw him garbage, but one got away from the pitcher. Another one on the tracks.

Comment

Some dumbass that is trying to start a ric flair wooooo chant...
        they need to ban his *** from the park.
        Does he do it all the time or only when peacock is pitching? I thought it was a tard making a choking peacock sound.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
          He was having to answer a lot of questions about it. Given Pujoles past success against the Astros, I don't see how you put the game in his hands. The manager said they were trying to throw him garbage, but one got away from the pitcher. Another one on the tracks.
          Another Hinch moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Does he do it all the time or only when peacock is pitching? I thought it was a tard making a choking peacock sound.
            It isnt just one guy. One game it was a stadium full of idiots. The game I was at, there was a smattering of guys doing it late in the game. It didnt matter who was on the mound.

Comment

Team is legit. Jury is out on Hinch.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                its actually a reference to Reddick whose a huge WWE fan... the guy still needs to be banned or beaten...

Comment

The way Devinski is pitching, anyone see him making his way back into the rotation, or do you think they'll keep him in his current long inning set-up role? I'm kinda liking him there, but how long can he sustain it with the workload they are putting on him? The kid is FILTHY!

Comment

They (announcers) said he was asked if he minded where he was in the lineup.. he said I just want to help the team...
                    I like him where hes at...the other team fears him..and has no idea how long he'll be there once hes in...
                    throwing nasty fo sure..

Comment

Some dumbass that is trying to start a ric flair wooooo chant...
                      they need to ban his *** from the park.
                      The stadium starts it, they do it every time Reddick comes to bat

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                        The stadium starts it, they do it every time Reddick comes to bat
                        "they" do it once it starts for every ****in body and its stupid, annoying, and ridiculous.
                        even harder to watch the games on tv when it starts..

Comment

"they" do it once it starts for every ****in body and its stupid, annoying, and ridiculous.
                          even harder to watch the games on tv when it starts..
                          I bet the person who starts it is the same one that says "Badaboom" or "Get in the hole" when guys tee off at the SHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                            The way Devinski is pitching, anyone see him making his way back into the rotation, or do you think they'll keep him in his current long inning set-up role? I'm kinda liking him there, but how long can he sustain it with the workload they are putting on him? The kid is FILTHY!
                            I dont see him back in the rotation anytime soon. With McHugh out for who knows how long, I see Peacock coming out of the pen and into the rotation if Fiers or Musgrove fall of the cliff. I like Devo in his role and he seems to relish it. Pitch a couple of innings and get a few days off, repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                              I bet the person who starts it is the same one that says "Badaboom" or "Get in the hole" when guys tee off at the SHO.

Ugh, I think that's Bababooey[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You dont see a triple to LF in MMP very often. Way to go Reddick.

Comment

Working...
                                X