Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArcoCazador View Post
    This moon tho ....it's like daylight out
    Are you hearing any bugles? Or are you too far out?

Comment

Originally posted by drube75 View Post
      Are you hearing any bugles? Or are you too far out?
      Haven't heard any and when we were out didn't hear any .....it's early

Comment

It's 46 degrees and that wind has got a little bite to it

Comment

Best of luck brother I'm jelly

Comment

Good luck!!!!

Comment

I so wish I was there. enjoy

Comment

Good luck! Following with great interest!

Comment

On our way to the property that we hunt which is about 45 min drive to the high country on the county road we jump 1 cow and 3 yearling and they were trotting right next to the truck. I didn't even think to take a pic but it was awesome to see

Comment

We parked in the property by the gate and walking about 500 yards which is only an easement NO Hunting allowed till we get to the property boundary. We jump Elk about 100 yards from the property line and we froze still in our tracks. I could hear bulging in our property in the distance. With no cover we just stood still as the elk moved off , they were about 175 yards away. We started to advance ( wind in our face of course ) 3 cows and a bull spotted us on high hill maybe 300 or 400 yards away then they left over the sky line. We got close into our property I spotted some elk above us but they weren't spooked. I decided to leave them be and come back this afternoon. I didn't want to take a chance on blowing them out of thr as the place is LOADED up with elk. Truth be told I'm not that experienced enough to stalk hunt them especially when the elk are at a elevated position then me.

Comment

On the way out just barley out of the property line if not right on the boundary I spotted a good size cow (unspooked). So I nocked an arrow and started easing up to her. She was in a creek drinking water. I get about 30 or 40 yards she pops her head up, I freeze , she moves to get out , I pull to full draw, she's moving by now she is no longer in our property, seconds then she quartered away then behind a tree then way quartered away and further she was and further away from our property then I just tell my bow down , the shot didn't feel right plus the boundary line thing was messing with my head as I was giving specific instructions not to hunt until we were inside our line. The adrenaline was awesome my little high for this morning. My cousin took a couple of pics while this was happening I'll post in a little bit .

Comment

Man this is cool! Thanks for taking us along! Hope you stick one!!

Comment

2 hunters are still out, we're waiting .......stand by everyone for a report live from the field

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440865429115.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	24400422
                            This morning walking away from my truck

Comment

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440865928140.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	24400425
                              My cousin actually video'd me when I drew on the cow this morning but I don't see an option to upload it to this post so I took a screen shot. I was at full draw and she's about 30 yards away and there's a small creek between us and she's already in someone else's land.
                              Dang it

Comment

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440866633286.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	24400426Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440866640522.jpg
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	24400427that cow I drew back on , she never spooked

Comment