Which Bay Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Bay Boat?

Yes, I would love to have a Majek, Transport, SCB, Shoalwater, or any of the other low sided skinny water/flats boats BUT...... I have 2 small kids that love to fish with me and I don't want to have to worry about them falling out of the boat. SO, with that in mind, I live on Cow Bayou just minutes from Sabine Lake and I am researching Bay Boats so that I can take my family fishing. Trying to stay as close to 22' without going over and will more than likely end up with a used boat instead of brand new.

So, which boat would you pick & how old is too old?

just go ahead and get a 26' Velocity they are the new kings of bayboats... the kids are supposed to have life jackets on at all times no matter what so don't worry about em falling out without floating,,, my fishing partner is almost 4 and has been in my bass boat with me for 3 years now and I have never had him fall out or jump in without me telling him to ( swimming) I used to worry about it until he assured me one day that he didn't want to fall in even with the lifejacket on because he would scare the fish he was tring to catch... lol good luck in your search

Comment

I went through a similar choice back in 2005. I wanted something that I could fish bays with the kids. Near-shore to 25miles out with the guys. I ended up with a Nautic Star Pro 22'. 4 stroke Yam with a jack plate. High sides so the ride is dry with the kids and they couldn't just drop over the side accidently. I wasn't so worried about when I was stopped but underway you never know what kids will do trying to put their hands in the water that splashes up. This one has two jump seats in the back so the ride is smooth for them.

Comment

El Pescador 24'

Comment

Blackjack 224

Comment

Checkout - Tidewater, Bluewave, Seahunt, Triton...

All are moderately priced and solid boats.

Comment

Love the Carolina skiff.

Comment

Haynie. Nuff Said. Smoothest driest riding boat I have ever been in. Thats what I would own if I was not addicted to fishing so skinny. The 24' High Output. Poco Bueno on here used to have one with a Mercury 250 55 Mph was do able. He even took out to the rigs and fish for Kings and snapper.
                Last edited by Muddy Bud; 05-02-2013, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Pathfinder, bluwave, nautic star, blazer bay...Haynies have high sides models and so does trans...drive me all and find the one that fits ya, no different than buying a new bow.....my buddy picked up a new sea fox and they have really stepped their game up the last couple years too

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                    Pathfinder, bluwave, nautic star, blazer bay...Haynies have high sides models and so does trans...drive me all and find the one that fits ya, no different than buying a new bow.....my buddy picked up a new sea fox and they have really stepped their game up the last couple years too
                    Yea, I have to guys at work with fairly new Sea Fox. Appears to be a good boat.

I agree Poco's boat was really nice. I'll have to look in to those as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWFISHER08 View Post
                      just go ahead and get a 26' Velocity
                      Good night a living. I had never even heard of Velocity. Sharp boat. I assume the cost is in line with Yellowfin?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                        Good night a living. I had never even heard of Velocity. Sharp boat. I assume the cost is in line with Yellowfin?
                        MSRP $83,500.00 - Special sale price $53,500.00

Comment

You dont really need a real skinny running boat on sabine. Just go with a kenner or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                            Love the Carolina skiff.
                            Mw too they are just too rough and wet riding for my taste.

Comment

My buddy has a 22' Blazer Bay, nice dry boat. Does great when Sabine Lake, Rayburn, and Toledo get rough.

Comment

Working...
                              X