No announcement yet.

Calf Rope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they both cut to center or is recurve cut past center . The reason if your used to shooting a bow that is cut past say 3/16 or an 1/8 then you shoot a bow that is cut to center you are going to shoot left or vice versa on the bow. I sometimes shoot an old bow used to shoot that's cut to center I will shoot left regardless of arrow combinations because I shoot past center because that's what I am used to now. Just something to check on.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Armendariz View Post
      Are they both cut to center or is recurve cut past center . The reason if your used to shooting a bow that is cut past say 3/16 or an 1/8 then you shoot a bow that is cut to center you are going to shoot left or vice versa on the bow. I sometimes shoot an old bow used to shoot that's cut to center I will shoot left regardless of arrow combinations because I shoot past center because that's what I am used to now. Just something to check on.
      Roger, you may just be a genius! I'll check that when i get home!

Comment

See if they're both cut the same (center, past center, before center). If you're shooting with the quiver on one and off the other it will make a difference. Also, grip will make a big difference if the grips are different. You may be torquing one or the other. If you know your arrows are tuned those are the 3 things I'd look at... shelf, quiver, grip.

Comment

I chedked last night and the longbow shelf is cut slightly deeper. So, I built the shelf out a little and it definately improved it but still not spot on. So, I moved up to 10 yards and took my focus completely off the arrow as i drew the bow. Normally I look straight down the arrow as I am drawing the bow and just before I hit anchor i switch ALL of my focus to the target. Once I started NOT looking down the arrow while drawing and focused on the target from the start of the draw cycle, things started getting ALOT better. After 20 or so shots I really started to get dialed in again. This is the strangest thing to figure out, but I think we are about there. I really appreciate all the help.........even from Jeff

Comment

So how did you determine the name for the thread?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              So how did you determine the name for the thread?

Hollering calf rope is a way of saying "I give up!"

Comment

Huh. Thanx.

Comment

DRT I am full of old sayings. For instance, right now my form is as jacked up as a cat in a fanbelt!

update on the longbow saga. I shot my cedar arrows out of the longbow last night and they hit exactly where I was looking. So, I'm starting to think my carbon arrows are out of tune arrows. I have no idea why they shot so well during deer season. One of life's little mysteries..............
                  Last edited by Hunter Todd; 05-10-2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X