Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Why is ocare such a good thing?
    Ask the GOP members that you voted for that are trying to save so much of Obamacare.

You're paying them to keep Obamacare alive

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      Is that why college tuition went up, too pay more for books and teachers or was it the government getting in to the student loan business ?
      Schools built billion dollar research labs
      Have you seen dorms today vs 20 years ago?
      40 yrs ago?

Professors want to be paid $150k a year.

It's an arms race.
      Private schools like Rice, SMU and Tulane all have HIGH tuitions and they don't depend on govt loans.
      Most of their students come from affluent families that don't get govt finaid

They need to compete with Harvard, MIT and Yale that have HUGE endowments.

How much did you pay for your math book in college?
      Mine was about $60 and I could sell it at the end of the course for $20 to be used by someone else.

Do you know these days you pay $125 for a "e-code" in order to submit your homework and that code can only used ONCE
      No recycling

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        You have no idea how health insurance works.

Insurance costs have skyrocketed because hospitals but $150 instant thermometers now instead of using those 50cent thermometers your grandma used.
        That's a 300 fold price increase on thermometers alone.

They now have $5,000 motorized wheelchairs that they must pay for.
        Before they had the fifty dollar one you pushed yourself.

Inflation
        So inflation is your excuse for higher insurance premiums? Obviously it's not me that doesn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          So inflation is your excuse for higher insurance premiums? Obviously it's not me that doesn't understand.
          I just gave an example of the ITEMS NEED FOR MEDICAL CARE have greatly increased
          Do you have any idea how much a ROM-HIL hospital bed costs today versus in 1980?

those costs are passed on to the consumer who is covered by the health insurance company that absorbs most of that cost via premiums

lets say a AIDS cure came out next month and it costs $400k per year for the medicine
          do you know how many $400k bills these insurance companies will need to start doling out?
          MILLIONS
          then those of us who do not have aids our premiums will SKYROCKET in order to cover all of these AIDS patients new $400k medications!

That's a veeerrryy simple version of how this works

It's not mainly driven by illegals in the ER

Comment

Private schools like Rice, SMU and Tulane all have HIGH tuitions and they don't depend on govt loans.
            I am not trying to get into the mud with you on this but you are being pretty daft if you dont think the government is in the student loan business. Even at fancy private schools. Say like the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program

Again. If these government backed loans arent available to kids that arent old enough to drink, but you know can go into $100,000 of debt, where do you think they would go to school?

Comment

this was the only wheelchair available 40 years ago and it was $100 in today's dollars:

This is what insurance companies are having to pay for now $4,000:

Comment

I just gave an example of the ITEMS NEED FOR MEDICAL CARE have greatly increased
                Do you have any idea how much a ROM-HIL hospital bed costs today versus in 1980?

those costs are passed on to the consumer who is covered by the health insurance company that absorbs most of that cost via premiums

lets say a AIDS cure came out next month and it costs $400k per year for the medicine
                do you know how many $400k bills these insurance companies will need to start doling out?
                MILLIONS
                then those of us who do not have aids our premiums will SKYROCKET in order to cover all of these AIDS patients new $400k medications!

That's a veeerrryy simple version of how this works

It's not mainly driven by illegals in the ER
                I'm not talking about the 80's. I'm talking about the insurance premiums and deductibles since ACA passed. Now what the hell does that have to do with thermometers?

Comment

See my post above.

Comment

Ask the GOP members that you voted for that are trying to save so much of Obamacare.

You're paying them to keep Obamacare alive
                    You made the statement that Ocare is good and I asked You why it's good. So, once again why is Ocare so good?

Comment

You made the statement that Ocare is good and I asked You why it's good. So, once again why is Ocare so good?
                      Lol! That's ok, I said insurance premiums were higher because of government intervention, and now I'm getting a lesson in economic inflation. Go figure.

Comment

Lol! That's ok, I said insurance premiums were higher because of government intervention, and now I'm getting a lesson in economic inflation. Go figure.
                        You know what lives under bridges that does not need healthcare?

Comment

One in three in Kentucky are on Obamacare

Comment

Anybody that believes O-care was created to benefit poor, uninsured peeps is either delusional or smoking crack. O-care was lobbyist driven so more money could be "given away" by government (ACTUALLY TAX PAYERS) to line the pockets of the coorperations whom in turn pay lobbyist.

You want to solve this country's welfare society, institute a law that prohibits anybody on any type of government assistance from voting.

Comment

Making healthcare affordable isn't about making sure everyone is insured, it needs to be about getting the costs of all the services down. There in lies two problems.

1) Big pharma, hospital CEOs, doctors are in no way going to push to drive down there costs. A free enterprise healthcare system would yield more affordable services, more affordable insurance. But a free enterprise system would yield WAY too much uncertainty for the above listed, lobby money well spent to keep the government from saying the real problem in costs spiraling out of control.

2) Frivolous lawsuits that drive costs. When someone has forty years of bad choices that led them to end up with heart disease in a family that has a history of it already and they sue every one under the sun because they didn't feel the cholesterol medicine they took off and on for 9 months cured them. These kind of suits drive malpractice insurance costs and total costs in general. It's like software piracy, we're all going to pay a little extra for someone else trying to buck the system. And, congress isn't going to do a thing about this because I imagine 2/3 of them made a living with bull*&*( lawsuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                                You want to solve this country's welfare society, institute a law that prohibits anybody on any type of government assistance from voting.
                                Be careful for what you ask for
                                You never know where you'll end up in life
                                Some TBHrs have been on welfare as grown men
                                Food stamps

Also, how do you Define govt welfare?
                                Is it only food stamps?
                                Or do you extend it to those low cost non credit score based college loans?
                                What about Farm Aid?

All are forms of govt welfare.

Comment

Working...
                                X