No announcement yet.

Broad head shooting differently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky and Enewman that have posted on this thread are ones that can help you, but without more info, no way to say what the problem is. Lots of good bow/arrow guys on this sight. Rat and Muddyfuzzy also come to mind.

Comment

Have you tried to BH tune it yet? Are the arrows ( fp's & bh's ) grouping together at 10 & 20 yards?

We over analyze everything on the site first.

Comment

You should have a stiffer spine. It's weak for your setup. Stop chasing speed.
        Your draw length is above average and speed is already on your side
        You should be at a 300 spine minimum and shooting a 450gr plus arrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

move knock point about 1/16" lower and move centerpoint on the rest in about the same. then see if the field points and BH come closer together

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
            How tall are you and what is your wing span? Along with the spine possibly being an issue, having a draw length set too long can cause this kind of flight issue. I don’t know if many folks that have a legit 32” DL.
            6'2'', Wingspan of 78.5''.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam G. View Post
              You should have a stiffer spine. It's weak for your setup. Stop chasing speed.
              Your draw length is above average and speed is already on your side
              You should be at a 300 spine minimum and shooting a 450gr plus arrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
              From all the feedback, it is sounding like I am underspined, and my arrow might be on the light side.

Never thought consciously that I'm chasing speed but now that you say it I may be guilty as charged. .

Bow: Bear Attitude 32'' Draw, 70lbs.
              Shooting Blackout X5 Envy, 32'' Arrow (not including nock or BH)
              Spine is 340-matches manufacturers spec for my DL and DW.
              Shooting a Spot Hogg Wiseguy release.

Arrow weight with everything running at 425-430 gr.

Comment

Not familiar with blackout envy but looks like they are made by gold tip. Just running your specs on the gold tip website show you should be shooting a .250 spine not . 350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Allaroundhunt View Post
                  Set up: draw weight 70lbs
                  dl:32''
                  Shooting 350 gr arrow with 100gr field point. All day 3''-4'' group out to 50yds.

Put a 100 gr. fixed blade Muzzy MX-3 and it is shooting down and to the left 6-8''

Any thoughts?

Last year was shooting same setup and it was plug and play, no issues....
                  Something has changed, either on the bow or on you (form).
                  If it worked last year it should work this year. So, even though I think the arrows are a little under spined, it should still work.

Bear Attitude is a single cam bow, a little stretch goes a long way in playing havoc with nock point travel on single cam bows.

Here's what I would do:
                  1) Make sure bow is in spec, A to A, brace height, draw length and draw weight.
                  2) Make sure bow is tuned correctly, yes, even a single cam needs to be tuned.
                  3) Make sure nock point and center shot are correct.

Then:
                  1) Paper tune or bareshaft tune.
                  2) Walk Back tune.
                  3) Broadhead/group tune.

The reason I say do this is because, even though it is might be just one thing that has changed, there are a thousand possibilities; instead of chasing wild geese, just start over.

But remember, something could have changed with your form as well; hand on the grip, stance, draw length, anchor, release position...
                  You will need to go over your sequence and see where the breakdown is, if any.

When someone brings me this problem to the house (for help) this is what I do.

Comment

Working...
                  X