Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fling em View Post
    Well here's to hoping ol Harvey keep sucking in that dry air and he minimize the rainfall! I would like to see the whole **** thing just go away but that's probably not going to happen.

Thanks for the update and I'll be looking forward to the next one!
    x1000000000000000000000

Comment

I wouldn't mind a couple inches of rain but not a 3 day t*rd floater. I guess today and tomorrow will tell the story an what Harvey becomes.

Comment

Rainfall totals still looking extreme. This from this morning's GFS.

Comment

Weather reports on the drive in this morning say we should have our Ark's built no later than Saturday....

Comment

Houston will see continued warm weather—with highs in the low- to mid-90s—and scattered showers during the next couple of days, but our principal focus remains on the likely redevelopment of Tropic…

Not sure I have ever seen so many forecasts of 10-20" inches of rain. Isn't that usually a look back after forecasting potential heavy rains and getting even more?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
              https://spacecityweather.com/harvey-...ast/#more-4848

Not sure I have ever seen so many forecasts of 10-20" inches of rain. Isn't that usually a look back after forecasting potential heavy rains and getting even more?
              Not looking good..

Comment

Torn here. I'm bare dirt here in Bastrop and begging for rain. Don't want to see my friends in the east flooded though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  https://spacecityweather.com/harvey-...ast/#more-4848

Does anyone know the rain predictions for TS Allison? I think that was the on that flooded most of Houston a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck24 View Post
                    Does anyone know the rain predictions for TS Allison? I think that was the on that flooded most of Houston a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I remember Allison dumped over 40 inches on us back in 2001. Don't remember the predictions but I don't think it was even close to the massive amount we got.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree, that's what I find concerning. Seems like the predictions weren't much more than a typical tropical system dropping a lot of rain. I don't think the forecast was for 20" and Houston ship channel recorded almost 40.

Comment

Recon is finding that the system again has a closed circulation, although a broad/elongated one.
                        NHC to begin re-issuing advisories on Harvey at 10AM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Supposed to fly to NY on sat at noon!

Comment

this is being said to be one of those that just sits an churns over us.......

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                              Rainfall totals still looking extreme. This from this morning's GFS.

Sure don't like the way the map shows dry slotting over SW TX

Comment

Allison Forecast from 2001

I have info regarding the forecast but need 5 posts to attached the link. Here is 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X