Big Sika Buck Kill-Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Sika Buck Kill-Video

This is a hunt from November 2017 in Edwards county, hunting low fence exotics and whitetail. Myself and two good buddies went out for a 4 day trip to take advantage of the incoming cold front; if I recall correctly it was second really good front of the year. Upon checking trail cameras we saw a unique whitetail that I wanted to go after, and we also identified a pattern for a nice sika buck. I've taken a big Sika before and knew how badly Paul, one of my best buds, wanted to go after one. In my opinion, it adds more fun and perhaps difficulty going after a specific animal or species rather than just letting an arrow go at anything big that walks in (meat hunts are a different story); I've politely enforced that on my buddies that I bring out there as well and am fairly strict on what they can hunt after. I was more than happy to give Paul the greenlight to shoot a sika buck or doe with his bow if he got a chance this trip.

Well I'll be ****ed if he didn't get it done on the first morning, and with an incredibly lucky shot. The arrow should have stuck between the bucks legs but ended up hitting right where he wanted it to--only because the deer ducked right into it. Although penetration doesn't look good in the video, it poked an exit hole and the buck was done in 65 yards. I believe what happened was because he had to bend around a tree, he canted his bow sideways and was holding his pins at a diagonal instead of straight up and down. When they came and picked me up, they told me that he shot a Sika doe-hence the extra excitement on recovery.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpJI4G_Vt0o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpJI4G_Vt0o[/ame]

2 pictures of the whitetail I was going after that I never ended up seeing at all that year. He didn't grow that unique brow the following year (2018) but did have a nice kicker, and was later killed by a 13yr old boy as his first buck.
    Last edited by Patton; 07-14-2019, 10:09 AM.

Bad *** video

Comment

That’s a big Sika no doubt. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

What an awesome hunt! Great video too. You are truly blessed to be able to hunt that part of Texas. I can only dream of something like that.

Comment

He immediately bled like crazy! Nice video.

Comment

Love that country! Great story all the way around!

Comment

Monster Sika!

Comment

Cool video, Patton. We see sika does (a couple different varieties) on our lease every time we're there, but we've yet to see a buck. I'm hoping they'll show up chasing the ladies around during the rut though. I don't know where they're hanging out right now.

Comment

Nice one, and great video!

Comment

Awesome video. Great footage. I really like your apparel. What camo pattern/brand is it?

Comment

Great video

Comment

Man.. that's so cool! Love the video

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't say that I know a single thing about sika deer, but that was a great video. Your other ones are good, too!

Comment

Great video and congrats!

Comment

Great video and great hunt!

Comment

Working...
                              X