Flu... who has had it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    I work in healthcare and am surrounded by flu patients every year. I dont ever get the flu shot. This year the flu shot was a miss again. Many people that got the flu shot at work got the flu.
    That's what I've heard. At my new job if you get certain things throughout the year they will give you $100. That's the only reason I got it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had H1N1 "swine flu". I got a flu shot and Tamiflu within 24hrs. Mine only lasted 3 days.

Comment

Haven't had a flu shot since high school and first and only time I got it was my junior year. Stuck to my bed for 2 days, 3rd day I had to crawl to the living room just to watch some tv. 100% again after 5 days

Comment

All 5 in the house had flu B. No flu shots, took Tamiflu, lasted about 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
            I'm about 10 days into Type B. Feeling much better, just don't have any energy and my mind is still pretty foggy. Coughing some and head congested.

Curious how many have had it so far, how long it lasted, and did you get a flu shot this year? I did not get a flu shot.

You need to make sure you don't have a case of pneumomia. The flu typically doesn't last that long without seeing a drastic change in symptoms at day 10. Pneumonia secondary to the flu is what kills people. I just had 6 days of the flu and have been battling pneumonia now for 6 days. If you still have a low grade fever, you need to get a chest X-ray.

Comment

I’ll regret typing this but I have not had it in 10 years (4 college, 6 teaching) and I’ve never got a clue shot *bang on wood**bang in wood*

It has knocked about 20% of our hs and jr high out though. I’m around it all day so I’m kind of surprised but I start taking pills anytime I feel bad and will drink some theraflu on top of it

Comment

For the first 2 days all I wanted to do was sleep. After that it was not too bad.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
                  First time in my life I had it. Was down for 2 weeks feeling bout 85% now, wife got it to, Tamiflu worked for us both,
                  Generic Tamiflu was a $100 copay with my insurance because of the first of the year deductible. I skipped. Mistake number two.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been home all week with the flu AND strep throat. Started Tami-flu and a Z-pack on Tuesday. Also have cough medicine with codeine. Fever finally started to break this morning.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and go get your flu shot. If for no other reason than to eliminate a reason for your wife to be mad at you for not taking every precaution available! And it might even work!

Comment

I was diagnosed with type A on Saturday, dr did not prescribe tamaflu , just cough syrup (codine) and mucinex D , still weak and sleepy, just talking to the office wipes me out ! Very shaky

Comment

I can't ever remember having a diagnosed case of the flu. Sinus infections, ear infections, strep, food poisoning...yep. Flu...nope. I get my flu shot every year so maybe that has helped.

Comment

3 mo old son has it. Got him on Tamiflu. Another young kid in daycare had it.

Comment

I had type A a month ago and I still feel bad and coughing alot

Comment

Two weeks today. Didn't go to doctor or get tested. Also didn't get a flu shot.
                                Getting to feel a little better every day, but sure not much energy or motivation to do anything. Wife also got it a couple of days after I got it. She developed a sinus infection and went to doctor Monday. She is getting better but it takes a while. Of course, we are pretty old.
                                Oh yeah, both me and the wife ran fever for at least 10 days.
                                Last edited by El Paisano; 02-01-2018, 06:01 PM. Reason: More info.

Comment

Working...
                                X