No announcement yet.

Flu... who has had it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it. I have always heard people with a cough or something other out and about say, I have the flu, not feeling so well. The flu is brutal!! I didn't do a dang thing for 2 or 3 days. It was so much worse than I thought of the flu being. I'm convinced after my debacle that if you are talking to me face to face with a slight cough, you don't have the flu! Lol

Comment

I haven't had it yet, but it is bad in central Texas. A couple schools are closed because of it.

Comment

Started feeling rough around the first of January. Didn't go to the doctor until a couple weeks ago. She thinks I had the flu first and then it turned into pneumonia. Awesome. Been coughing for a freaking month now but finally starting to feel better.

And did not get a flu shot. Now I'm wishing I had. This has sucked.

Comment

Had it. Don't wish that mess on anyone. was horrible.

Comment

Got my flu shot last earlier in the week, I now have the flu..... Foggy head, headache, etc.

Comment

My 14 month old boy has it officially as of this morning.

Comment

Had the flu June 9th. Strain B and brutal. In December I came down with a bronchitis that turned into an infection that lasted 5 weeks.

I had the flu in 1997 and 2017 never had a flu shot. My wife and kids get a flu shot every year. I may start getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Caught it (or what I believe was it) on New Years eve. The bad stuff lasted about 3 days and I didn't get to feel 100% until about 12 days later. The second and third day were bad. Whole body ached so bad i couldn't get off the couch.

This is the first time I've had something like that since I can remember. I'm glad I don't get it often.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                    I know a lot of people that have had it this year and swear by this combo right here. . Symptoms drastically reduced in couple of days.

[ATTACH]894822[/ATTACH]
                    That combo is hard to find right now in Dallas. My wife was going everywhere looking for it but seems the internet has cleaned out most pharmacies of these two items.

My 7 year old got type A Saturday morning. He had a fever for 3 days and went back to normal. We all had the flu shot. Seems like even at only 30% effective this year it has really helped those who got the vaccine and still contracted the flu. My 7 year old had a fever and was tired, but none of the other symptoms and was back on his feet after 3 days. The Dr also prescribed Tamiflu for the rest of us just in case, but so far we've all been free (knock on wood).
                    Last edited by rladner; 02-01-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

This morning was the first time I felt half way decent in 12 days. Same as others have said-it lasts a loooong time. Coughing and just plain fatigue for days.

Comment

4 days in with Type B.

No shot.

Comment

Tussin DM (Robitussin or generic but make sure it's the DM) Oh and get the large bottle!

7 days in

Comment

First time in my life I had it. Was down for 2 weeks feeling bout 85% now, wife got it to, Tamiflu worked for us both,

Comment

I feel I should sanitize after reading this...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                                Never in my life but got my first flu shot this year so we'll see. That would be my luck.
                                I work in healthcare and am surrounded by flu patients every year. I dont ever get the flu shot. This year the flu shot was a miss again. Many people that got the flu shot at work got the flu.

Comment

Working...
                                X