X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2398849

Whats y'all's thoughts on these?
    Pretty much exactly what I'm thinking of trying next.....
    It looks good. But I would just check price with muddy for same set up and see what he has.

Comment

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2398849

Whats y'all's thoughts on these?
      Pretty much exactly what I'm thinking of trying next.....

Id definetly get with muddy. I have those arrows, with brass inserts running 15.7 FOC custom made by muddy, and I paid 120 for a dozen if them. Per 6 is cheaper, and it's a brand new arrow set how you want.

Comment

Getting good at arrow hunting ;-)
        3 overall second in the last month
        Shooting at 10 yards is cheating push !!

Comment

That's just mean hoyt21. But I was thinking pushbutton just shoved them together my self. See he started on how he's 6'7". Now he's showing off on his shooting. Haha. Good shooting

Comment

Push, what kind of bow do you shoot? How much weight? Didn't you want a long arrow?

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
              Shooting at 10 yards is cheating push !!

It was actually only 5 yards, my long draw took up the first 5 ;-)

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              That's just mean hoyt21. But I was thinking pushbutton just shoved them together my self. See he started on how he's 6'7". Now he's showing off on his shooting.
              Haha. Good shooting

My secrets out

Thank You! But I'd rather have pictures like enewman ;-)

I was actually practicing shooting the gap at 30 yards

Comment

That's awesome push congrats I've had my nitrum turbo for two days and have been driving tacks !

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                  That's awesome push congrats I've had my nitrum turbo for two days and have been driving tacks !

:thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                    Push, what kind of bow do you shoot? How much weight? Didn't you want a long arrow?

I just saw your reply Muddy, my sincerest apologies.

I'm shooting a 2012 Strother Moxie. It has the 65# limbs. I have them maxed. Scale says it's drawing 68#
                    My current arrows are cut to 29 1/8"
                    My DL is set at 31". The bow shop says that the Strothers run long on the Draw Length. My wingspan is 78" so that gives me about a 31.2" DL. Currently 80% let off.

My current arrows don't extend past the riser. My fear is cutting a finger if I go with a wife fixed blade like the Landshark or Silver Flame XXL..

My current arrows are GT XT Hunters 340 spine, I'm using standard GT nocks, 3 blazer vanes, 50 grain screw in weight, goat tuff glue, GT insert and 100 grain tip. Finished weight is 452 on the low end to 453.8 on the high.
                    My FOC is running 14.946%
                    My bow shot my heavy arrow 277.9 fps.

I have other arrows that i started shooting with.
                    They are Beman Bowhunters 340 Spine. Nothing added to them. They weigh in around 419 grains. I haven't individually weighed them.
                    Their FOC is 11.505%. The shoot 290 fps.

I have one other arrow. It's was a High FOC test arrow. It's a GT Expedition Hunter 340 spine. It's using the same components as my XT Hunters but it's using the GT Vanes which are .8 grains lighter than Blazers. The FOC on that one is 15.591%.
                    They all group good when I do my job correctly....

I'm thinking of switching to a 300 or 250 spine.
                    GT websites says my 340 is ok.
                    Bemans' says I'm on the bubble.

TMI?
                    I have a picture of my laptop screen with the spreadsheet I made for my arrows. If you want it. It's just the FOC measurements and one box automatically calculates FOC.
                    I have a more current version at home that can calculate ME and KE numbers...

Comment

Anytime you're borderline, step up a spine.
                      29 1/8 inch arrows are long.
                      Remember, spine measurements for shafts are at 28 inches, and who knows how they spine at lengths longer.

Comment

Push if you want a high FOC arrow I really think you might also be in a 250. A 300 will handle the draw weight you shoot and tip weight but you are getting pretty long. My Strother always liked a shaft a little on the stuff side, that badger cam starts up hard to make speed. Rocky brings up a great point on how the spine is calculate, so keep that in mind as well.

Comment

This is why I have the ontarget program. I still test my arrows, but at least the program keeps me from buying the wrong arrow

Comment

I have a copy of OT in my head !

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                              This is why I have the ontarget program. I still test my arrows, but at least the program keeps me from buying the wrong arrow

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                              I have a copy of OT in my head !

That's what I have you guys for

Comment

Well I will tell you if muddy has that in his head. Stop listening to me. I'm going to use muddy from now on my self haha.

That means muddy I need an 24 hour number for you that is answerd by the third ring.

Comment

Working...
                                X