No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I can get there on the roads in the am, I will be out also stringstalker84. Expect the cold will have them moving. hope so. Dressing warm for sure. At least you won't have to ice 'em down after you clean one as cold as it is going to be.

Comment

So many squirrels deer better hurry or corn will be gone

Comment

I have shot a doe and a good 8pt already. HaVe a new 8 showing up and was curious.....

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
          I have shot a doe and a good 8pt already. HaVe a new 8 showing up and was curious.....
          Say no more I'll be glad to help. What time should I hunt your spot and just PM the grid.

Comment

Well I had to bail out to go to my sons basketball game. Nothing moving this morning for me, be back out again tonight.

Comment

This morning. Was looking for sleet and icy stuff hoping deer would be searching out my feed. Scraped ice off the truck & headed out. Excited about the cold and possibilities. Walked to my stand in the rain. Then rain, rain and more rain. 30° and rain? Radar was showing pink, and I got rain.where is the sleet? Guess it was not my day. Lots of birds and squirrel, but no deer. Left around 10 because it was beginning to rain inside my pop up about as much as outside.
              Well, it was at least a quiet, peaceful morning with a good hike. Any body else have any success today?

Comment

Originally posted by Archer_Guy View Post
                Lots of birds and squirrel, but no deer. Left around 10 Well, it was at least a quiet, peaceful morning
                pretty much exactly what happened to me. hah.
                Prob will try again tomorrow morning.

Comment

Jumped 5 walking out at dark other than that nothing

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                    Jumped 5 walking out at dark other than that nothing
                    Well....At least you saw some today. congratulations on proving they are still there!

Comment

Originally posted by Archer_Guy View Post
                      Well....At least you saw some today. congratulations on proving they are still there!
                      Lol...last weekend I saw 20+ walking out...they're there just a matter of being in the right place at the right time

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                        Lol...last weekend I saw 20+ walking out...they're there just a matter of being in the right place at the right time
                        Yeah, my trail camera photos tell me the best time to see deer at my stand is between 10:30 pm and 2 am. Except on really cold days they come out in daylight. Sometimes.

Comment

Watched my arrow run off with the buck I shot at dark. No blood no arrow to be found. Going back in the morning to look but with the rain of will just be luck if I find him bedded some where.

Comment

Dang. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Comment

Who's heading out tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                                Dang. Good luck. You're gonna need it.
                                Found one spot with blood on the main trail and my muzzy with 8" of shaft by the fence line. Still no luck.

Never found the other 21" of arrow. The brood head had hair and meat in the blades and shaft was plugged with what looked like lung and blood
                                Last edited by justintyme8303; 01-11-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X