The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
    Riding a bike, stairs or boxes, walking lunges, wind sprints. Need to make sure your hip flexors are in good shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    This is the type of stuff I usually do before going. Saw this question with a lot of diffrent answers on another site so I was curious what y’alls answers would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
      Riding a bike, stairs or boxes, walking lunges, wind sprints. Need to make sure your hip flexors are in good shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
      I am behind on getting started, but this is what I will be doing. I have workouts that I keep on sticky pads. Most every workout will include pushups, situps, and/or planks. It's all about the core and legs. I make sure there are burpees in every other workout. Burpees SUCK.....

I added cardio, biking, and walking with a pack on off days or as a second workout in the same day when I was feeling spry. You REALLY need to walk with a pack to get ready. Find any kind of elevation that you can. I've never done bleachers, but have always wanted to. I had some piled up dirt on the bayou behind my house and I walked up and down those piles with a pack on. You will discover muscles that hadn't been touched.

I'm not an expert, but I am true believer in variety. Mix it up. I do the HIT workouts with exercises. Pretty much pick 3 or 4 movements and do as many reps as you can in 15 minutes. Go as hard as you can and then go harder. Don't forget to stretch before and after.

My exercise equipment is the following:

Mat
      Push Up Handles
      Jump Rope
      35lb and 45lb Kettle Bell (these are new to me so still learning)
      18lb wall ball

You don't need a gym. All you need is the want. The best way to get the want is to go on a hunt and realize what it takes....

Comment

Well I told myself I'd skip this year but I couldn't stand it and put in for a draw tag again. Kinda hope I don't get drawn LOL

Comment

When do NM results come out?

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            1-3 weeks

They are sneaky like that

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              Just based on last year. Next Wednesday.

Comment

Just put up one of my packs that I’ve never used up in the classifieds. Perfect for some of you boys in need of a killer setup.

Kifaru Tactical Duplex frame with Kuiu 3200 bag mounted on it.

Comment

"Two weeks" until NM posts their results. Anyone else as impatient as a kid before Christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                    Just based on last year. Next Wednesday.
                    They need to hurry up if they're going to get them out today...

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                      "Two weeks" until NM posts their results. Anyone else as impatient as a kid before Christmas?
                      Word on the street is that it will be this week sometime

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                      Feels too late for today? I'm guessing tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                        They are so overwhelmed with the joy they get from sending us various non draw related emails they decided to hold off on draw results for awhile.

Comment

They are so overwhelmed with the joy they get from sending us various non draw related emails they decided to hold off on draw results for awhile.
                          Isn't that the truth.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Every year lol

Comment

I’m on my way to expand on my hunter safety education now at the special class

Comment

I just applied to Nevada for the first time. I applied for a cow elk tag, any weapon hunt in the winter time I think I may have a decent shot at drawing.

Comment

Working...
                                X