No announcement yet.

Preppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep about 1 month's supply of food, cooking fuel, TP, soap, and a way to store 20 gallons of water plus a gravity fed water filtration unit. I would have more but I'm running out of storage room. I can supplement our food supply with fish and crabs along with vegetables from our garden.
    My family can also go to the restroom directly into a septic tank that is no longer being used. Sanitation is critical and some folks don't take that into consideration until they can no longer flush.
    My wife is an RN and I am a fairly decent all around repair guy so we can barter services with others. She keeps a fairly comprehensive first aid kit, and I keep a good set of tools, welding and machining equipment, and power generation to run it all. I also keep a lot of barter supplies like small bottles of liquor, extra TP, batteries, ect.
    I don't believe it's prudent to use ammo as a bartering currency. Giving someone the tools to assault my family is not very smart IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
      Wonder if they're watching our southern border a little closer now that all this North Korea stuff is going on. People are worried about ICMB's, but I'd be more worried about someone smuggling a nuke across our open southern border. They may not have the technology to launch one over her on a missile, but they may be able to still get one here if our borders aren't secure. That's why we need to BUILD THE WALL
      There a lot of good pro/con arguments for building or not building the wall, but this is t one of them. If they are going to smuggle a nuclear load all the way to the border why not just launch it at LA from the Mexico side?

Our enemies have plenty of short range missiles, and they work without too much complexity.

Back on topic. Woefully unprepared here. But really I have no place to store it, we can barely fit our groceries for the week....
      Last edited by Playa; 05-01-2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
        Wonder if they're watching our southern border a little closer now that all this North Korea stuff is going on. People are worried about ICMB's, but I'd be more worried about someone smuggling a nuke across our open southern border. They may not have the technology to launch one over her on a missile, but they may be able to still get one here if our borders aren't secure. That's why we need to BUILD THE WALL
        LOL you really think that the people capable of smuggling a nuclear weapon across the pacific and into Mexico and them smuggle it into the US are gonna stop when they see a concrete wall?

Comment

some people stock pile silver and gold. I stockpile brass and lead. Just saying

Comment

Cheetos
            Brach's Butterscotch Disks
            Various KoolAid packets
            Crown Royal
            Boobs
            Filet Mignon
            iPhone
            Green Hi-liter
            Torx screwdriver
            Sanyo remote control
            Dukes of Hazard lunchbox
            Ammo
            Guns
            Sweet and Low packets
            Meat
            tape measure
            Sushi
            Various keys that I've found in my junk drawer

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Cheetos
              Various KoolAid packets
              Crown Royal
              Boobs
              Filet Mignon
              iPhone
              Green Hi-liter
              Torx screwdriver
              Sanyo remote control
              Dukes of Hazard lunchbox
              Ammo
              Guns
              Sweet and Low packets
              Meat
              tape measure
              Sushi

This about sums it up lol

Comment

Hey OP, I'll say dis about dat.

If my ole lady started worrying (she is stable) about such, I'd be alarmed at whats coming down the pike.

Women's Intuition?

Comment

I honestly think half the prepper stuff is a money grab and marketed well...have y'all seen the shows. Half these folks are loaded to the gills have huge bug out bag but get out of breath during the interview...how far is a big overweight family going to ruck everything they need to survive? They'd have a heart attack. They'd be better off exercising then buying all that stuff. Nothing wrong with being prepared but I see alot of them and think they use it for an outlet for ocd, paranoia, hoarding tendencies and a few other psychological issues, but it is a free country. Stock up at will. Just don't see alot of the ones that do it surviving if anything were to actually happen

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                    Hey OP, I'll say dis about dat.

If my ole lady started worrying (she is stable) about such, I'd be alarmed at whats coming down the pike.

Women's Intuition?
                    That's plausible, but going to need more than 1 wife to reach this point to classify as such.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                      I honestly think half the prepper stuff is a money grab and marketed well...have y'all seen the shows. Half these folks are loaded to the gills have huge bug out bag but get out of breath during the interview...how far is a big overweight family going to ruck everything they need to survive? They'd have a heart attack. They'd be better off exercising then buying all that stuff. Nothing wrong with being prepared but I see alot of them and think they use it for an outlet for ocd, paranoia, hoarding tendencies and a few other psychological issues, but it is a free country. Stock up at will. Just don't see alot of the ones that do it surviving if anything were to actually happen
                      If they do survive, that's going to be a shallow gene pool!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Cheetos
                        Various KoolAid packets
                        Crown Royal
                        Boobs
                        Filet Mignon
                        iPhone
                        Green Hi-liter
                        Torx screwdriver
                        Sanyo remote control
                        Dukes of Hazard lunchbox
                        Ammo
                        Guns
                        Sweet and Low packets
                        Meat
                        tape measure
                        Sushi
                        Dont forget super glue and duct tape!

Comment

My wife bitches at me every time she catches me stealing the batteries or duct tape out of her bug-out-bag cause i'm too lazy to go buy my own at the store. She gets pizzd anytime i offer her tinfoil or I reference the Red Dawn movie to her.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                            Problem is, they probably are armed. They just don't want YOU(us) to be armed lol.
                            not sure about that. remember all the hippies in austin saying their dildo could protect them better than our guns? lol

Comment

Water...and filter..beans,rice, pasta,ammo and fire starter

Comment

Twinkies, you have to have twinkies!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X