Pin Nocks ( I Love Em )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pin Nocks ( I Love Em )

The adapters work great, but what I am most impressed with are these McKinney pin nocks.

These nocks fit, and transitions on/off the string better than any nock I have ever used.

I love them.

First 5 shots of the day (from 20 yards) after installing them.

Rick
    Attached Files

I have not sen those - what is it about their design that makes for a cleaner release off the string?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I have not sen those - what is it about their design that makes for a cleaner release off the string?
      The purpose of the "Pin Nocks" (mainly the adapters) is to help eliminate damage to the arrow from tail end hits from other arrows.

The Nocks themselves (Carbon Tech McKinney) pin nocks, just have a very positive, and consistent (no variation) fit to the string, and have the smoothest transition on & off the string of any I have ever used. They grip the string just right, and are very slick on & off.

Rick

Comment

Okay do they "grip" the string or fall off if you just tap the string? I like a little more security of arrow to string than some.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Okay do they "grip" the string or fall off if you just tap the string? I like a little more security of arrow to string than some.

They grip the string (lightly), come off with a light tap, and all fit exactly the same.

Technically speaking - that's how you want them to fit.
          You'll have an easier time tuning, you'll get better arrow flight, better speed, and the shot will be quieter.

One of the biggest problems I run across with folks having trouble in their shooting & tuning is their nocks are to tight.

Rick

Comment

Does the adapter add enough weight to the tail end of the arrow to make any differrence?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              Does the adapter add enough weight to the tail end of the arrow to make any differrence?
              The adapters weigh 8.5 gr, and the nocks weigh 4.5 gr for a 13 gr total.

The nocks I was using weigh 8 gr, but I can tell no difference in tune/arrow flight at 20 yards between them, and the 13 gr.

You have to keep in mind though - may arrows are very skinny (.166 I.D.).
              These adapters for larger diameter arrows will weight a bit more in sure.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                They grip the string (lightly), come off with a light tap, and all fit exactly the same.

Technically speaking - that's how you want them to fit.
                You'll have an easier time tuning, you'll get better arrow flight, better speed, and the shot will be quieter.

One of the biggest problems I run across with folks having trouble in their shooting & tuning is their nocks are to tight.

Rick
                That's not how I want mine to fit. If I'm stalking a pig I don't need the arrow falling off the string because I bumped a limb or the arrow is hanging down as I bend over and walk.

Comment

Thicker serving g solves that issue. What did they run? I assume they have them for GT and other arrows?

Comment

That's not how I want mine to fit. If I'm stalking a pig I don't need the arrow falling off the string because I bumped a limb or the arrow is hanging down as I bend over and walk.

Keep a finger on the arrow, and/or use one of these.

Something else I love.

Thicker serving g solves that issue. What did they run? I assume they have them for GT and other arrows?

They are expensive, but if they save arrows from tail end damage, which after today's shooting it appears they do, then they are well worth the expense.

I paid $53 for two dozen sets. But when a $2.20 nock assembly saves a $15 ( or more) arrow, they pay for themselves pretty quick.

Rick

Comment

Yes I agree. I've only destroyed 5 arrows in the last year but that would have paid for the necks easily.

Comment

tech stuff

Rick, since you love the technical part of archery, you need to invent and build us a GPS tracker that will fit in our arrows. You'll get filthy rich and we'll be as happy as if we had good sense. Seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                          Rick, since you love the technical part of archery, you need to invent and build us a GPS tracker that will fit in our arrows. You'll get filthy rich and we'll be as happy as if we had good sense. Seriously!
                          It's outside my field of expertise, but I have looked into it.

Currently the smallest (reliable) gps tracking device is about the size of a 50 cent piece. No way to use that on an arrow, that I can see.

There are some radio, and bluetooth arrow/game tracking devices available.

I wouldn't use any of them anyway, because they force you have to retune you setup in order to shoot with them on the arrow.

Once I get the setup tuned how I want it, I use it for everything, and don't like having to change it in order to from hunting to target shooting, and back again.

Rick

Comment

I have used pin nocks for years when target compound shooting. I have not used them with trad gear, yet anyway. I came real close to buying some when I built my target arrows a few months back but decided to go with "regular" nocks.

Comment

By the way the bow looks nice Rick.

Comment

Working...
                              X