Finger Pinch Spacer For Shooting Glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finger Pinch Spacer For Shooting Glove

I was recently talking to a friend of mine (Chuck Use) about finger pinch on the arrow when using a glove to shoot split finger.

He don't like using a tab, and was asking if there was a way to solve the pinch issue with a glove.

There was none I knew of, so it was "Thinking Cap" time.

Ever seen one?
    Now you have.

Held in place with an elastic band, can be worn either hand, and can be worn on the middle, or index finger.

Works pretty darn good too.

Right Hand

Left Hand

Rick

That is a novel idea

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad used to have my mom sew a bass worm into a lightweight mesh glove that he wore under his shooting glove... I believe your idea is a much better remedy to finger pinch...

Comment

Very clever and cool!

Comment

There's a tip I can use!

Comment

Interesting spacer Rick. Id copy it but my pinch was between the first knuckle and finger nail on my index finger. I had developed a nice semi circular shaft indention that callused.

I reckon there are different forms of pinch. 1) shooter induced finger pinching of shaft...which your tab is good to remedy. 2) string pinch induced by string angle. Any others? Am I off?

Comment

Rick came up with that for me after I started using pin nocks. I heard him talking about them so I tried them out and really liked them but due to the characteristics of the pin nock, I had a pinch under my index finger of my glove hand. A spacer for a glove had never even occurred to me before but I think he may be on to something. Turns out other folks have experienced similar issues and have made their own remedies. Looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

Just know that Rick is not only a world-class shooter, but a leading technician for virtually any aspect of traditional shooting.

Give him a problem; he will solve it.

Comment

Finger pinch only bothers the portions of my index and ring finger that contact the string. I don't think your invention will help me.

My fingertips tingle all the time now. I'm even using a glove with plastic inserts sewn in to the fingers to maximize protection and the fingertips still get zinged. Keep your thinking cap on Rick. I don't have the tools to sew leather or I would be experimenting with some of my ideas. Like a tab with some protection from string abrasion on the outside of the fingers.

Comment

It's use is so your finger tips don't pinch the nock and negatively affect arrow flight. I'm going to try it.

Comment

I think.

Comment

I'm shooting three under so string pinch is slightly, but not entirely different, for me. This accessory is a detached finger spacer. I suppose that you could even use it with a glove if you have trouble pinching the nock.

Comment

I don't think I do but trying it will tell me for sure.

Comment

TradTiger, Rick is truly a technician and innovator. I think of him as being a McGuyver type guy. He can build a nuclear reactor with a coat hanger and a .243 shell. If he thinks about it, he can build it.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                              Finger pinch only bothers the portions of my index and ring finger that contact the string. I don't think your invention will help me.

My fingertips tingle all the time now. I'm even using a glove with plastic inserts sewn in to the fingers to maximize protection and the fingertips still get zinged. Keep your thinking cap on Rick. I don't have the tools to sew leather or I would be experimenting with some of my ideas. Like a tab with some protection from string abrasion on the outside of the fingers.
                              Pretty sure Rick can come up with a custom thick tab to cushion fingers. If you want a glove, I can recommend the Dura Glove. I got it after fingers were getting numb and tingly from a new heavy bow. Took a few weeks for numbness to go away, but no problems since.

Comment

Working...
                              X