Seller offering home warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mary View Post
    I’m not sure as seller paid for it when I purchased at the end of February. I think it was around $700 for the year. It might be worth it to call and price check them. I have no complaints on their service. I do have to call them and use who they send out, but so far each visit has worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just signed up with them. Price is $450 a year but they quickly dropped it to $380. Call out fee is $60. This covers all appliances, no pool. They even offered 3 years for $1050 and a $45 call out fee. Call them they will negotiate price. Haven’t used it but reviews were better than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I work for sears Home services doing in Home appliance repair. We deal with lots and lots of home warranty companies. In my experience it seems like the home warranties realtors put on houses when they sell have lots and lots of grey areas. I highly recommend looking into a Sears home warranty. We are the only ones that offer 180 day guarantee on the Work. Some only have 30 day. Also sears home warranty covers the Freon in the hvac including free maintenance twice a year which no one else offers.

Comment

Take it, it’s a customary thing. With that said, uncle just bought a house. Two weeks later a/c quit cooling. Called home warranty people, they said give us 7 days and we’ll be there. He had another company come repair it. $1100 and the home warranty company wouldn’t reimburse at first. After both realtors called and threatened the home warranty company with no more recommendations, that are giving him $400. Not sure what company it was

Comment

We had a home warranty. 2 weeks into home, hose bib froze and flooded nearest bedroom. Only thing warranty covered was the hose bib replacement...we paid for drywall, etc.

Comment

When we sold our house I looked at it as insurance from the seller side. I didn’t want to get the phone call if 6 months down the road the roof sprang a leak. With the warranty I for sure wouldn’t have to deal with it. It was $500 well spent. On the buyer side I would insist on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
              We had a home warranty. 2 weeks into home, hose bib froze and flooded nearest bedroom. Only thing warranty covered was the hose bib replacement...we paid for drywall, etc.
              That would be more of an insurance claim.... typically home warranty or any warranties for that matter only cover failures that are normal wear and tear. Not act of Mother Nature or abuse.

Comment

We paid out of pocket as the deductible was more. Just sharing my experience. They will replace the part but not the damages from the said part.

Originally posted by robert97dodge View Post
                That would be more of an insurance claim.... typically home warranty or any warranties for that matter only cover failures that are normal wear and tear. Not act of Mother Nature or abuse.

Comment

Working...
                X