Seller offering home warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seller offering home warranty

Need some help from the GS. About to close on our first house, and the seller is offering to pay for a home warranty. I know I probably wouldn't pay for one myself. Should I accept it simply because they're offering? I kinda feel wrong from that stance, as I don't see the need in wasting their money, they're already helping alot on closing costs and agreed to the only things I asked for after inspection. Or is it kind of a catch all for them to avoid issues if I was a whiny buyer that complains about issues after the fact?

This is the norm. That being said when I sold my home last yr, my buyer turned it down. 6 months later the roof developed a leak that probably would have been covered. Unless its a new build, there is no complaining after the sell

Comment

A lot of sellers offer it.
      I’d just accept it, after that decide if you want to continue with warranty or not.
      They can come in handy, but most of the time you’ll spend more on the warranty then you would on repairs, obviously or they wouldn’t be in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not that expensive for them, and it's a nice offering. Take it and smile.

Comment

A Home Warranty being paid for by the seller is something which occurs in about 98% of RE transactions. They vary from a couple hundred to a few hundred dollars. Most are about $450 depending on what you select. The warranties sometimes come in handy although it may be difficult dealing with the actual servicing companies.

Don't see it as a bad thing for taking the warranty. Not sure where this property is located, but if they are helping with closing costs and other things, you are more than likely in a buyers market. I flip houses in the Dallas area and it is a sellers market here. I don't pay a dime of the buyers closing costs and sometimes don't even pay for the title insurance-the buyer ends up paying it. However, I sometimes still offer a warranty or offer $200 to help pay for a warranty.

So, take the warranty and don't fret. You may be glad you did in a few months..

Comment

Also America Home Shield is horrible company to deal with.

Comment

I would accept it for sure. I had one on my house I bought 7 years ago and sure enough the pool filter went out due to a crack in it like a month after closing and they replaced it under warranty and that would have cost me $1100 for sure.

Also, sometimes when you buy a house you are kind of "all in" like your spare cash is kind of tapped out for a bit due to misc. move in / fix up cost and down pymt and the last thing you need is a big repair bill hitting you when your cash is a bit lower right after closing on the house.

RD

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                That is the company that we have been using for the past several years and we have never had a bad experience with them.

Comment

take it. seller usually offers that or $500. take the warranty

Comment

Yes. Accept it.

Comment

I've had my current home for about 5 years now and still have it. Seller paid for first year, I've paid since then. I have two old AC units and one went out. Replaced with a new one for about $800. Waiting on the second one to go out so I can get it replaced. If I didn't have the warranty the first one would have cost me a lot more than $800 . small price for peace of mind. As stated, doesn't cost the seller much at all.

Comment

YES you want it

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                          No bad experience from them. They usually come tonweekly training classes at Brokerage and talk about their warranty and services.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                            No bad experience from them. They usually come tonweekly training classes at Brokerage and talk about their warranty and services.

my parents were without hot water for weeks because of them

Comment

I'd get the warranty, and I'd renew it when up. A couple months after I renewed our AC went out. Saved me a ton of $, took a while for the process to get it replaced, but well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X