Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to paying the large signing bonuses to avoid the big salary cap hits?? Is that not allowed anymore?? I lost all interest in keeping up with the salary cap rule a long, long time back...

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong:
      Zeke wants $16+ million a year?
      Dak wants $35+ million a year?
      Cooper will get $20+ million a year?

$188 million is the salary cap, right? $188,000,000 minus about $71,000,000 for these 3 players leaves $117,000,000, or 37.8% going to 3 players. They better get a Superbowl this year, or next year. Then prepare for an average team at best.

Comment

I think the Cowboys have a sound plan in place, you have not seen them pay stupid money to other free agents in awhile, they will try to keep their own, they are just drafting too well, that is a good problem to have, if they can get good QB play ( I think they will ) this team is going to be very dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          I think the Cowboys have a sound plan in place, you have not seen them pay stupid money to other free agents in awhile, they will try to keep their own, they are just drafting too well, that is a good problem to have, if they can get good QB play ( I think they will ) this team is going to be very dangerous.

The flaw in their drafting is these flyers Jerry keeps taking. Jaylen Smith is a fantastic player, but they essentially missed 2 cheap years of his, so now you have to pay him already (worth it). Randy Greggory should have been an anchor on the D-line, but he never plays because he’s always suspended. 2nd round picks need to be playing for you for 4 years, then you have to let some of them go. It’s not a terrible problem to have...but Jerry has been paying them all, and I’m afraid it will catch up. He payed most of the o-line, and Byron Jones is about to be up. Again, not a horrible problem to have.

I don’t think Dak gets 35, and I don’t think Zeke gets over 15 either...jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Come on Regular season!

Go Cowboys!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              The flaw in their drafting is these flyers Jerry keeps taking. Jaylen Smith is a fantastic player, but they essentially missed 2 cheap years of his, so now you have to pay him already (worth it). Randy Greggory should have been an anchor on the D-line, but he never plays because he’s always suspended. 2nd round picks need to be playing for you for 4 years, then you have to let some of them go. It’s not a terrible problem to have...but Jerry has been paying them all, and I’m afraid it will catch up. He payed most of the o-line, and Byron Jones is about to be up. Again, not a horrible problem to have.

I don’t think Dak gets 35, and I don’t think Zeke gets over 15 either...jmo.

The Jaylon smith pick was a grand slam, he will be a generational linebacker, they stole him, it was a big gamble, as far as Gregory goes i think he will still make an impact, and he too will feel loyalty to Jerry just like Jaylon did. If Dak wants more than 32 then I would make him prove it this year ( if he does then he will cost more, lol ), as far as Zeke goes, he will get close to Gurley money, not sure on the guaranteed part of it, probably a lot of clauses protecting them in case he does something stupid.

Comment

Last edited by Bayouboy; 08-26-2019, 04:50 AM.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Apples an oranges my dude!

Emmitt played 12 years before going to Arizona for 1 [emoji2359]

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Apples an oranges my dude!

Emmitt played 12 years before going to Arizona for 1 [emoji2359]

Ain’t that the truth!!!! He has a lot to prove and is not starting his career off right

Comment

He can be a Cowboy for life real easy.....show up to work you greedy ****..

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan22 View Post
                        Ain’t that the truth!!!! He has a lot to prove and is not starting his career off right
                        I think Emmett held out twice in his first 4 years, also comparing the two Zeke has quite a bit better numbers ( excluding TD's ) for their first 3 years, and Zeke missed 8 games. Plus Smith was on a much better team that did have a pretty good coach. Emmett is a smart business man, he would be doing the same thing as Zeke, but at least he stayed out of trouble and the headlines.

Comment

I think Emmett held out twice in his first 4 years, also comparing the two Zeke has quite a bit better numbers ( excluding TD's ) for their first 3 years, and Zeke missed 8 games. Plus Smith was on a much better team that did have a pretty good coach. Emmett is a smart business man, he would be doing the same thing as Zeke, but at least he stayed out of trouble and the headlines.

The last sentence is not what you want to say for a market setter

Comment

I only remember him holding out in 93 and then losing the first 2 games without him. They tried the ‘you can plug any back in behind a great offensive line’ approach and it didn’t work out. Derrick Lassic didn’t cut it just like nobody on the roster this year is going to cut it. Get your azz back Zeke.

Comment

Its this kinda drama bullcrizz by prima donna players that makes me not want to watch NFL. Ill stick to college ball.

Comment

Pollard looking good in case Zeke Haverkamp doesn't sign

Comment

Working...
                                X