No announcement yet.

McKinney Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live just west of there across from the old Haggard Farms, in a small condo community, small, cheap, rent or buy. But zero acreage. But it might help you save up till you get what you want. Great community, with some awesome neighbors.

Comment

We have really enjoyed Prosper since moving here from Frisco, but if you are off 75 there are probably some better options north and east for you.

Comment

Look into Blue Ridge, Whiteright area's NE of McKinney. Still only about 15-20 minute drive to McKinney.

Comment

Property taxes are high in McKinney

Comment

But we have this in Allen!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Allen-Eagle-Stadium-feature.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	24371014

Allen is nice, but taxes are high.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
              Acre or two and not an arm and a leg, better look to the north/east/northwest of McKinney.
              Originally posted by OBU13DAD View Post
              Melissa, Anna, Van Alstyne all pretty good schools if that matters
              these ^^^

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
              75 has been under construction sense I was a teenager. I'm 52 now!!!
              and this ^^^^^

seriously... mckinney for the last 5 years or more and still going...

Comment

Collin county isn't a good choice if you are worried about Taxes, lol...they are high everywhere in the county!

Comment

Great Place, much better than plano. We almost moved out there last year but work took me out somewhere else. If you are one that likes to enjoy a few beers and drive, be very careful. They are extremely aggressive with DWI prosecution in collin county, (under .08s are occasionally convicted...).

Comment

McKinney Texas

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    But we have this in Allen!
                    [ATTACH]701761[/ATTACH]

Allen is nice, but taxes are high.

Too bad it's going to fall down though.

And your high taxes paid for that quality.

Comment

McKinney Texas

Originally posted by jmoney View Post
                      Great Place, much better than plano. We almost moved out there last year but work took me out somewhere else. If you are one that likes to enjoy a few beers and drive, be very careful. They are extremely aggressive with DWI prosecution in collin county, (under .08s are occasionally convicted...).

Especially if you're leaving Hank's
                      The police and the bar were having a feud, apparently the police were cherry picking cars coming out of there at closing time, Hank's files a restraining order against police.
                      Didn't make police to happy.

Seriously though I dig McKinney, prop taxes are high but it's a great city if you're going to be stuck in one.
                      Lots of stuff for the kids, great schools, close to the mall, airport and Dallas.
                      Old Town or The Square is really cool, lots of bars and eateries.
                      Only an hour from Texoma "striper capital of the world" which offers great beaches, camping and fishing. Lewisville, Ray Bob and Lavon are closer.
                      There's corp land to hunt pigs just east of town, and only an hour from Cooper WMA and Caddo National Grasslands both offer decent public hunting.
                      Lots of city fishing too, most developments have stocked fishing ponds.
                      If you need a tour guide I'd be glad to show you around.

Comment

I'm looking for a twenty minute drive into/from work. What area would this be?

Comment

Also if you're looking for an acre plus, look north of 380 out by Erwin park and Myers event center.
                          Maybe Matt C will chime in as he lives in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                            I'm looking for a twenty minute drive into/from work. What area would this be?

Mckinney close to 121 if you're willing to give up the acre

Fairview is another option and could probably still find an acre+

Allen and Plano are both nice but finding anything bigger than average lot will be tough and $$$$

Comment

I wish I had the $$$$ to spend..

Comment

If u like traffic and living in a mass of people then it's perfect.
                                Since your from H-town u fill right in. Hav fun waiting everywhere u go

Comment

Working...
                                X