Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email states

A single stand and feeder may be placed after receipt of this letter but cannot be hunted until September 29, 2018 and receipt of a Lake Georgetown hunting permit.

But if you read the hunting policy it states that all feeders and blinds must have your permit number on them. So can we start placing feeders or do we need to wait until permits are issued?

Comment

You're good. Put it in when you get the number.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

I would call the office. I was planning to put mine this weekend but if we have to wait until we get the permit # then I will wait.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
          I would call the office. I was planning to put mine this weekend but if we have to wait until we get the permit # then I will wait.
          This has been asked every year. Email says you can put it in now. Followup with qual, fees, etc by the due date.

Comment

Thanks. Ill be setting up Saturday!!

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
              You're good. Put it _ON_ when you get the number.
              Sorry for the confusing wording ... Tapatalk autocorrected.

You can setup now, just put the permit number on the blind and feeder when you get it.

Comment

Picked a hot day to drag corn. According to the forecast, it is not gonna get much better in the next 10 days.

Comment

I would have to agree it was very hot but glad I got my same spot

Comment

Hats off to ya'll braving this heat right now.

Comment

It was hot, but got feeder and stand out this morning.

Comment

Everybody be careful out there it’s Africa hot

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                          Everybody be careful out there it’s Africa hot

Yea, it was a little warm this morning. But it was nice to be out there.

Comment

Hey guys. Names Dennis I am new to bowhunting lake Georgetown but got drawn this year and just had a few questions if y'all veterans at the game might know if you don't mind. Im not asking for specific spots or anyone's honey holes Im just wondering where do you guys get into the areas at. I don't see access gates on the map. I have a couple areas I want to check out just can't figure out where to go in at...

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome.

Zones that border roads, like DB Woods, you can park on the side of the road and jump the fence.

Others are accessible off the trailhead, so you can walk/bike from the nearest park. Some neighborhoods may have trailhead access, Google maps can help.

If you were to ask for access thru private property, you may get it. Unlikely, but possible.

I've even seen some that use a boat from a park launch and access remote areas that way.

Best of luck.

Comment

Anyone ever had any problems with leaving pop ups out there? Or feeders?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X