No announcement yet.

South Texas rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the new growth is starting to shrivel up for us on the Jim Wells/Duval county line. Hopefully we get something before long but the forecast doesn't look good. The deer have really started to hammer the protein though for the first time this year.

Comment

Another nice round of rain is hitting STX now. Great to see some more as things were beginning to dry up a bit.

Comment

IT was pouring in Catarina around 11:30am. We tried to get some protein out but turned around and headed home. Easily a couple of inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. The boys were down and said a big storm hit and dumped a bunch with more coming. Good timing.

Comment

Great news!

Comment

I just dumped 1.25" out of the gauge. [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                I just dumped 1.25" out of the gauge. [emoji16]
                YEP been smiling all morning.

Comment

We got 2.75" near Charlotte yesterday. Woke up early and mowed camp. Ended up coming home instead of filling feeders. Getting pounded in Portland this morning.

Comment

Neighbor said 2.5" yesterday and looks like another 1/2" today.
                    Life is good

Comment

Our place in Frio County got 3.5" over the last few days. Shaping up for another good looking season. This should help with fawn cover and further the forbs and spring growth.

Comment

not to be a pain but does anyone know if more rain hit Catarina other than Saturday? I need to get down there but am not sure if I will be able to get around and don't wanna tear up roads or the low spots.

Comment

Looks like less than .25 Monday-Tuesday for Catarina.
                          Here is what I use and found it to be very accurate.
                          National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service (AHPS)

Comment

I love this rain. Our shredding and cedar clearing has come to halt for fear of running over a fawn.

Comment

Had to get some more last night.

Comment

Looks like we got some more last night and today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X