6.5 creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
    Never had one but have had most everything else was wanting similar to my 7mm-08 but different at the same time. Kinda a fill the void between 22250 2506 308 270 3006 708
    Honestly the 6.5 CM wont do anything that what you have wont do. If you're itching for a new rifle though go for it, you can't have to many choices.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      Honestly the 6.5 CM wont do anything that what you have wont do. If you're itching for a new rifle though go for it, you can't have to many choices.

I agree 100% with this. BUT, with that said I jumped on the ban wagon and absolutely love the 6.5 creed. Very accurate and the 143 ELD-x bullet is devastating on whitetails and hogs. Just a fun flat light recoil round.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I've taken one deer and several hogs with mine. I use the 143 ELD-X and they seem to do the trick pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
          What do you think about it for hunting will be a all around gun yotes and pigs all the way to mulies and elk . Let me know what you think

My dad killed many elk with a 264 winmag (same bullet just moving faster). Anything smaller than an elk will be DOA.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

This is the second box of factory ammo through my 6.5 Creedmoor. Very happy with it, and the last shot is dead center at 100 yards. Haven't pulled the trigger on any game yet, but its coming with me every chance I get.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by hog_down; 07-11-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I’ve taken a couple pigs and deer with mine. 140gr nosler bt shoot best for me

129gr (I think what it was) does pretty well too

Comment

For your intended use, I'd go ahead and just get the 6.5 prc. Shoot the 143gr eldx and get some extra knockdown.

I've used both and if the situation is perfect, doesn't matter, but if you start to get out there on distance or need to drop a pig as it's exiting the field - the PRC is the way to go.

I personally would not take a 6.5 anything on an elk hunt, I'd prefer a 7mm or a 30 cal.

Comment

Hornady Black ammo 140 gr bthp. @ 200 yards. Third group out of this rifle. T/C compass 6.5 CM.
                  143 eldx are pretty close to this.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                    Bang flops here each time. Better buy two because your wife or gf will love it.
                    It is more for her them me low recoil and a 140gr round is what I'm looking at

Comment

Here is something I saw. Not saying it's the gospel, just something out there...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDrLsnt2MM"]6.5 Creedmoor Issues – The Real Gunsmith - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

My 6.5 Creedmoor has killed everything we have hunted with it. This includes mule deer, whitetails, elk, gemsbok, Aoudad, and antelope. I’m shooting 143 grain hornady precision hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          Took mine elk hunting but had no shots

It kills really big pigs bang flop
                          Same

Comment

Personally I'm not a fan. I had one and sold it. Shot some deer and pig and it did fine like all popular hunting rounds would do. I think it's just the latest fad. There's no doubt it's a good paper puncher at long range. I like my .270 WSM a lot better for a "hunting" round. I shoot a 145 grain ELD-X that's going 3100 FPS and has 3094 foot pounds of energy. The same precision hunter load with the 143 grain 6.5 Creedmoor is only going 2700 FPS and has 2315 foot pounds of energy. So you tell me what you would rather shoot... Yes I know the 6.5 outperforms at distance, but I didn't buy either one for a long range paper destroyer.
                            Last edited by Arrowthreat; 07-11-2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                              Personally I'm not a fan. I had one and sold it. Shot some deer and pig and it did fine like all popular hunting rounds would do. I think it's just the latest fad. There's no doubt it's a good paper puncher at long range. I like my .270 WSM a lot better for a "hunting" round. I shoot a 145 grain ELD-X that's going 3100 FPS and has 3094 foot pounds of energy. The same precision hunter load with the 143 grain 6.5 Creedmoor is only going 2700 FPS and has 2315 foot pounds of energy. So you tell me what you would rather shoot... Yes I know the 6.5 outperforms at distance, but I didn't buy either one for a long range paper destroyer.

Interesting, thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 6.5 Creedmoor sucks. If you can’t shoot well enough to hit the vitals of an animal. But then so does everything else. It’s no better or worse than a myriad of similar calibers.

Comment

Working...
                                X