Split finger shooter with blister on index finger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split finger shooter with blister on index finger

I shot a bit yesterday and got a blister on the side of my index finger where it touches the arrows knock at full draw...any ideas how to prevent this? I'm using a Bateman split finger tab. Wondering if it is a form issue, bow issue, or just due to the high humidity and shooting 150+ arrows.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bow length, draw length, bow design, form (elbow position), and possibly other factors can cause or contribute to index finger problems shooting split. I use a tab with finger spacer too.
    Get someone to take a video of you while you shoot and post up. Have them video the front so we can see your do draw hand and arm, also string angle, st.

Comment

I've been shooting this bow for a while with no problem...I'm hoping it was just due to the humidity and shot number...and not the adjustment to my anchor point.

Comment

I will try to get a video up

Comment

Try to adjust the weight your pulling per finger. I used to get that on my ring finger. I now draw with more weight on my middle finger. Also try to space your index finger a tad higher before you draw. I know for me, if I pinch that nock, my arrows don't fly well. If index finger is touching the nock before you draw its smashing down on it at full draw.

Comment

I don't know what causes it, but I have a callous there. It has been there as long as I can remember, but I can't remember we ever having a blister.

Bisch

Comment

I wear a glove and it protects my fingers.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Might be the number of shots you took. It also might be that you started torqueing your hand as fatigue set in with that volume of shooting. Before I got my form figured out I'd get an abrasion on my ring finger because I wasn't keeping my hand in line with my string after a lengthy shooting session. I was torqueing my hand in an effort to draw to anchor. Let the blister heal and shoot less to see if it comes back.

Richard.

Comment

I don't shoot split... but like Bisch, I have a callous on the top of my index finger that touches the nock. I also shoot a tab. I vaguely recall getting the skin there close to raw early on when I started off, but no blister.

I would chalk it up to moisture and high rep count. I look at changes in arrow flight for release form issues.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you using a brass nock point and nocking under? I've seen that happen from brass nocks. Also you may be elbow high which causes you to torque downward on the arrow. Just speculation...

Comment

Yes...brass knock point and knocked under.

Comment

Try a tie on nock point and/or a tab with a spacer. Should help

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                          Are you using a brass nock point and nocking under? I've seen that happen from brass nocks. Also you may be elbow high which causes you to torque downward on the arrow. Just speculation...
                          Good catch Randy I keep forgetting about those little brass pinchers. Maybe it is because of the beard hair or two they have plucked from my face that I have blocked out the memory of them

Comment

Brass knocking points are tough. I shoot split finger and developed a blister and then a raw sore on top of my middle finger. After it finally healed I started messing with finger pressure and bought a BearPaw glove. Not more finger issues and the glove is nice.
                            Like stated above, could have been more from reps and humidity but may want to try to be more conscious of the string pressure for a few shots.

Comment

I have the BP buffalo glove and I'm ordering one of the summer gloves later today. I'm going to order a tab to try out as well.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by DRT; 05-12-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X