No announcement yet.

Have you ever ate something that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinto beans with chili powder cooking on a wood heater. Macaroni, ground meat and stewed tomatoes served over fresh bread. Apple Crisp made by the lunch room ladies at school.

Comment

For the BIG holidays my sister makes banana pudding darn close to my Moms!! Every time I eat it I think of Mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        Maybe all that glue you ate as a kid has something to do with all the bigfoot sightings

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
          Milk gravy my mom used to make with crisp fried chicken and fresh green beans with bacon grease
          Dude stop

Comment

My grandmother used to cook biscuts and gravy, fried bologna and smothered French fries with onons. The potatoes were usually new potatoes. At least once a year I cook that meal. Reminds me of my grandparents

Comment

Snow ice cream does it for me. Reminds me of winter time back in the 70's when I was a kid. Dad, Mom, me and my two brothers sitting by the fireplace eating snow ice cream after play outside all day.

Comment

Grandmothers can make anything taste good.

My grandmother on my mother's side would make a spaghetti out of a can, from something called Showboat Spaghetti she bought at Gibson's Discount Center in Temple. She added ground meat and bacon grease, and I could eat my weight in that stuff.

My grandmother on my dad's side made German hotcakes for breakfast. They were greasy, and sometimes they were crispy. Lord those things are good. Fortunately for me my mom learned how to cook them, and will still make them for me from time to time. They are a relative of pancakes, but are thin, and as wide as the skillet.

Comment

Fried Chicken with grease gravy, corn, mashed tators, and pickled cucumbers! Grandma was the best!

Comment

Ground meat and brown gravy over mashed potatoes. Served in elementary school weekly with hot rolls. It was as good as it gets.

Comment

My dad would fix us three kids Breakfast every morning & 90% of the time it included spam of some sort . I haven't had spam for over 20 yrs but I think of dad every time I see it at the store ! Love & miss ya dad !!

Comment

Tomatoe gravy and homemade biscuits. My dad's aunt used to make those when we would spend the summer in monroe,LA on the sweet potatoe plantation.

Comment

My grandmother made the best milk gravy for biscuits. So thick, it wouldn't run on your plate. My wife has mastered it now and makes it in grandma's cast iron skillet. Always brings a smile to my face and happy memories. It is a must for me on special occasions.

Comment

Grandma's molasses cookies...........Have her recipe but they never are the same. :-(

Comment

Banana pudding. Reminds me of my grandma. Stewed tomatoes & cabbage- reminds me of my great grandma. Homemade Tea (sugar) cookies- reminds me of my great aunt Lillian

Comment

My grandfather's buttermilk and cornbread.

Comment

Working...
                                X