Good old days of TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duane View Post
    Joined as Fowler in the early days. Ben and Cameron were in diapers.... not quite but it sure feels like it!
    Wasn't it Cameron who had the epic "cross-over, ankle-bustin', roundball moves" he put on at 'Nanza?

Comment

Had to have been around 2003 when I first joined. Had a VE and remember all the live hunts. Had a family feel to it that somehow even survives to this day despite its enormous growth. TBH is the one site I refer my bow shop customers to when they are looking for resources about bows and hunting.

Years ago, 2004 or 2005, I met up with a member and gave him my Browning bow because I bought an SQ2. I gave it to him for free because he had a brother who couldn't afford one but was interested in trying bowhunting out. I have wondered over the years if I help create another bowhunter out there somewhere.
      Last edited by Sully; 03-06-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I joined in 2003 also doing research on hunting the "H" place. I got a few VE's and lost some good stories during the crash. I think I had more posts in those three years than I have had since 2006. Good times!

Comment

Member here since '02, definitely wanted a Velvet Elvis

Comment

Breck gave a camera build workshop at our shop one night.
            I think Huntmaster has what is left of my cameras.

Comment

Maglite???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I dont think anyone has ever posted more than MHBaseball

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                It's been that long!?!?!?!? Just before the shipping container.....I do believe the BETTER LIFERS left him a little present in the old cabin?
                They they got nicknamed the midnight dookers I remember that.. dang long time ago.

Back when some dude name RKZ was the post king.

First tbher I met was Dave took my to my first foam shoot at the Brazos county archery club back many many moons ago.

Comment

I REALLY miss the old TBH.

Been a member since 2002, username JackFrost before the crash.

The Javalina kicking video and the "going to stick the pig" video were the best.

Comment

I been a member since 01 I beleive. I also use to enjoy reading and checking out the do it your self camera threads. I have hunted alone for years and those times back then TBH was my campfire. I couldn't wait to get back and read all the stories. The BOA threads and pics from TRAILBOSS and many others. Now it seems the more controvery the thread it is the more attention it gets. Those days there was more sharing of family sharing. Now some good family type or meanigful threads get no attention. They just get lost. IDK! Still stuck here. LOL

Comment

I am pretty sure it was my freshman year at UT which would have been the Fall of 98, but that was a long time ago. The first thread I remember is Casey talking hunting in Purmela that got me started. The screen was white, you didn't have to register to post back then, and the members policed themselves..........for the most part.

My other old memory is sending Casey $20 to buy Michael a bow. I think I had about $73 dollars in my checking account back then in college, but it was something I wanted to due even though I couldn't afford it.

Comment

I have only been here a month. was there some sort of site crash? looks like a ton of people joined oct 06

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                          I have only been here a month. was there some sort of site crash? looks like a ton of people joined oct 06
                          Major site crash in 2006. All user data was lost I recall. So we all had to sign up again after the site was fixed and up and running again.

Comment

Joined in 99' or 00. We have had some good times on TBH. The good old days!!

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                              Ah...The Great Crash of '06. Pretty much wiped out everything.

Comment

I've been here since '99. I was the eternal lurker until the last couple of years. Didn't hunt for various reasons from '98 until '09... at least not much. I did my hunting through the people here.

Comment

Working...
                                X