No announcement yet.

LRGV National Wildlife Refuge, Teniente Tract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teniente is awesome hunt. We usually set up halfway down cr 130 before the salt bed on the east side. That place has some monster bucks! we are not set up in heavy brush but have seen a couple of 140 class deer along with nilgai. I was drawn 4 yrs in a row and never changed location. Good luck!

Comment

poco bueno, you were supposed to call me last year. u couldn't make it. well maybe this yr u can make it. I also will be there Jan. 5-8. if u get lost call me. 956-369-2304.
      good luck brother.

Comment

Im hunting the teniente refuge Jan. 5-8. Im trying to put a game plan together. Has anyone here had any luck stalking?

Comment

Dont stalk if you dont want rouin someone else hunt. you wont know were they are at.

Comment

True... Does anyone know how many hunters are one the refuge at one time (during the archery hunt, Jan 5-8)?

Comment

Dont know how many but i hunted here on Nov 3-6 and was never busted by another hunter like they are doing at Atascosa.

Comment

That would be hard to do cause everthing is really dry. It look like everything I step on was super crunchy just made to much noise.

Comment

towboater, how did the hunt go? I will do the hunt in Jan. 5-8.

Comment

bigrack...stalking here is hard. If you don't have a tripod or a pop-up let me know i have one you can borrow. i will also hunt Jan. 5-8. hunted atascosa this week.....saw more hunters than deer!

Comment

The frist day had a small buck stop ten yards in front of my stand but he saw me when I started to draw my bow. I only hunted mornings and everyday that I hunted I had a group of doe and small bucks pass by the stand. They where 40 yards away using another trail nearby. So I would change spots closer to that trail and the they would use the opposite one just out of bow range again. Thats ok though I will be back out there for the muzzleloader hunt I will get them then.

Comment

Ive got a gorilla pop up that im thinking about setting up in a funnel between 20 and 30Thanks though. Im taking my 16 yr old cousin on the youth hunt on the east lake tract on Sunday. Wish us luck. I took him last year and he got nelgai fever and couldnt pull it off. Hope it goes better this year.

Comment

typing this while driving down with some buddies from Kingsville after watching the cardinals lose. good game.....

Comment

ive never hunted this area during Jan. im assuming the rut will still be on or atleast on the tail end of it... Im going to try to rattle something in this sunday, hope it works.

Comment

Just finished my hunt today. Had been pretty slow At the start of The hunt but today they were moving around pretty good. Saw a few deer moving around but nothing I was interested in. Then this nilgai cow stepped out at about 25 yards. Perfect shot ran about 60 yards and died.

Comment

Good Job!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X