a diff arrow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a diff arrow question

i'm shooting gt xt hunters 55/75 and today i,um, held a little high and missed the target and like to never found my arrow. my question is, if i painted arrow white or white tiger stripe, would it affect my arrow and would a white arrow stand out in a tripod/treestand? also what kind of paint would work best? thanks in advance

You could just use arrow wraps. I have never painted an arrow though.

Comment

I kinda asked the same question a while back, about finding an arrow and what was the best color combination, after several comments, I decided on white tiger striped wraps and pink, yes pink, and white striped blazer 2" vanes, so far I haven't lost one yet and they seem to fly just fine.

Comment

Painting the whole arrow will increase the weight and will be a pain in the A.
        Last edited by oktx; 03-23-2010, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Just buy these.....

Comment

The paint is hard to stick to the arrows, I tried cresting mine, but the paint didn't stick. I use Flo orange and white for vanes , those colors seem to stand out good for me, but I didn't had to chase but a couple last year.There is a post on the DIY section about cresting arrows

Comment

Thanks guys. I've got green wraps from cam, guess ill just have to buy more.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                Painting the whole arrow will increase the weight and will be a pain in the A.
                Been there - done that! Buy some wraps.... Less weight, cheaper and easier to put on and take off.

Comment

You can pain the arrow with Enamel pain, there is a thread on the DIY about painting instead of wraping the arrow. Kinda ol' school wraps..

Comment

I prefer orange, because there is nothing in nature that is orange. White is just as hard for me to find as black. As far as being seen, I've killed deer, hogs, javi, turkey, coon, and several bobcats and they never seen it

Comment

I agree with low fence here. Green is probably the worst wrap color when it comes to looking for arrows. everything is green when you look down, regardless of the time of year. I use either solid white, or white/orange fade on my wraps, and white vanes.

Comment

Working...
                      X