Pork Belly recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Belly recipes?

My brother is in the food business and just brought me a whole pork belly. It's huge and won't fit in my office fridge. It's in an ice chest for now

Any cooking suggestions?

He said it's ok to cut in sections rather than cook at once since it's hard to really freeze that high of fat content.

makin' bacon!

Comment

Albert Burneko is off. Your guest Foodspinner is pudding defender and friend of the program Miserable Shitehawk.

careful due to language.

Comment

BBQ PORK BELLY ON THE GRILL BBQ PORK BELLY ON THE GRILL We're cooking up Pork Belly on the grill, and this is one of our favorite recipes THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED: Carrots x 8 Celery x 2 bunches Onion x 4 2 Pork Belly’s Brown Sugar Apple Cider 2 bottles of your favourite beer Salt, Pepper and Garlic for rub Your favourite rub Olive oil DIRECTIONS PREPARATION 1. Chop the vege’s (carrots, celery and onion) up coarsely and line the bottom of two baking dishes which will fit a pork belly. 2. Rub the meat side of the pork Belly with S, P & G (Favourite rub for 2nd belly). 3. Turn and score the fat layer, then rub with S, P & G (Favourite rub for 2nd belly). 4. Then rub some olive oil into both sides of both belly’s nice and GUUUUUDDDDD. 5. In one of the baking dishes sprinkle with brown sugar (the other leave as is) 6. Place the pork belly (SPG rub) skin side up directly on top of the tray of vege’s sprinkled with brown sugar. Place the other pork belly also skin side up on top of the other baking tray of vege’s. COOKING 1. Get the grill’s (if you want to cook the Belly’s done both ways) cranking to a high temp (475f / 250c) 2. Place the baking tray in and start the cooking process for 20 minutes. 3. After 20 minutes reduce temp to 300-325f (150-160 Celsius) 4. Maintain temp and cook for 3 - 3 1/2 hours. SERVIING 1. Remove from grill and let cool for 20-30 minutes. 2. Serve and Enjoy

slurp!

Comment

Well.... thanks a lot guys, now I'm going to have to buy a pork belly... haha

Comment

I recently found pork bellys at Sams.

Comment

Working...
            X